Have you missed me

neil300zx

Well-Known Forum User
Hi all

Been away from the forum for a while, been busy collection parts for the car.
List of items collected
T5 Borg warner gearbox
Lightweight ali fly wheel
stage 3 6 puck clutch
secondhand diff and driveshafts from Z31 turbo
Automatic Bottle warmer for NOS

ive collected all these bits so i thought i had better get on with fitting them.
There was one snag, i didn't want to do all this work on my drive, laying on the cold floor in January really didn't appeal to me again, so i hot footed it down to my friendly tyre and exhaust centre and said to the boss would he like to lend me a ramp and a man for the day so i can carry out this work. Being the obliging fellow he is he said yeah not a problem, ill even give you a hand and we can do it of an evening save you taking a day off work. Great i thought how about starting on monday no prob says he, so this is how it went

Monday 23 Jan 2006 17.30hrs
Drive car to tyre and exhaust centre and up on to ramp
17.35 hrs coffee break
1745 hrs start strip out, remove exhaust, loosen header, remove prop, disconnect handbrake, unbolt gearbox, remove starter motor, remove gearbox take out clutch and flywheel.
19.45hrs coffee break
20.00 hrs install new flywheel and clutch, fit T5 gearbox, re fit starter motor
22.00hrs finish for the night

Tuesday 17.30 hrs
get car back on ramp
17.35 hrs coffee break
17.45 hrs fit diff, drive shafts and propshaft
20.30 hrs finish for the night

Wednesday
17.30 hrs
get car back on ramp
17.35 hrs coffee break
17.45 hrs fit exhaust and header, refit handbrake, fill diff and box with oil
run on ramp in gear for 30mins drained oil refilled and finished for the night at 22.30 hrs

Thursday 1800 hrs, sort out reversing lights try to find a water leak but it seems as my car suffers from vertigo as it only leaks when its up on the ramp,
Take for test drive, yippeee i thought but unfortunatly the gearbox bearings are very noisy under load, so it seems that the box will have to come out again,Never mind it was all good fun and he charged me vey little so im one happy bunny. oh i forgot the nos bottle warmer still to be fitted

Well there you have my week what have you done with yours?

neil300zx

Well-Known Forum User
Hi Matt
My diff had become noisey and there was a lot of slack in it and the T5 is suppose to be stronger than the non turbo box plus mine wasn't as good as it should be, difficult to get in to gear

MattDaKav

Well-Known Forum User
Dont worry Pmac... my Z31 will piss all over your Z32 when it's done.

:devil:

Just some friendly banter. :D

steve mochan

Active Forum User
Ive had a similar week myself

Tuesday removed engine and gearbox
Wednesday removed plenum and fitted 555 injectors,new aiv valve and polished plenum.
Thusday spent all day fabricating new brackets for my HKS turbo actuators.
Friday fitted drivers side turbo and calibrated.
It went quite well considering.All i have to do now is the is fit the pass side turbo,new downpipes,RPS lghtwened flywheel,RPS 6 puck clutch,manual gearbox and hopefully it will be ready for the weekend

DJZ 60

Well-Known Forum User
Well Done Neil.... Very constructive & a progressive improvement on your Z.
What a transformation! & the personal satisfaction outways the rather
gloomy January month. A few more odd days like this,once in a while & you'll
have yourself a cracking motor. DJZ 60.:cool:

neil300zx

Well-Known Forum User
steve mochan said:
Ive had a similar week myself

Tuesday removed engine and gearbox
Wednesday removed plenum and fitted 555 injectors,new aiv valve and polished plenum.
Thusday spent all day fabricating new brackets for my HKS turbo actuators.
Friday fitted drivers side turbo and calibrated.
It went quite well considering.All i have to do now is the is fit the pass side turbo,new downpipes,RPS lghtwened flywheel,RPS 6 puck clutch,manual gearbox and hopefully it will be ready for the weekend
now thats what i call dedication

suzy

Well-Known Forum User
God all I did was scrap the ice off my car - haven't even gotten round to changing my plates!!

Fair play to both of you - looking forward to seeing your cars out and about this year