Hakosuka on ebay

TimW

Club Member
Darn it.. I would just love this... Lined up in the garage with my 260, well that's just heaven... Unfortunately, no space and no money!...

That seems a reasonable price to me...

White also, which IMHuO is the best colour

Last edited:

datsfun

Club Member
That seems a reasonable price to me...

White also, which IMHuO is the best colour

For the condition the car is in, I would say it's priced well. Like many cars of same vintage, expect to find some rust and poor repairs from previous owners. But it looks like an excellent base to start from and relatively original. ( Many cheap project cars that have been exported from Japan are complete basket cases)

I don't agree about white being the best colour, but then I am biased.

Tommi

Club Member
Has been for sale for a while, but not on eBay. Fair price but I always worry when cars come from Japan with a fresh (ish) coat of paint where the door locks, rubbers and hinges got painted too . It’s normally hiding some horrors and this one looks like it may have a few issues. As with everything it’s a great project as long as whoever buys it knows the extent of the work involved if it turns out to be rotten. Cool cars and always nice to have more over here.

atomman

Club Member
I would like to see it after striping and blasting, could be an expensive resto , what do we think another 10k ?

Tommi

Club Member
I would like to see it after striping and blasting, could be an expensive resto , what do we think another 10k ?
At least I would say. A top quality bare shell paint job can run to 10k and you can spend that again on bodywork if it is bad. Also factor in that every part you will want will most likely have to come from Japan (if you can find it) and none of it comes cheap. Having said that it still baffles me how cheap Japanese classics are compared to Italian etc... in the scheme of classic car restorations this would still be quite cheap but people just don’t seem to appreciate how fantastic the Japanese classics are so they are still under valued. It’s shifting but the UK has a lot of catching up to do.

For the condition the car is in, I would say it's priced well. Like many cars of same vintage, expect to find some rust and poor repairs from previous owners. But it looks like an excellent base to start from and relatively original. ( Many cheap project cars that have been exported from Japan are complete basket cases)

I don't agree about white being the best colour, but then I am biased.

What are they worth in the UK once 'done'?

I think it'll make a lovely car but given some of the paint cracking, you know its hiding something.

People just need to remember that its not a GTR.

datsfun

Club Member
What are they worth in the UK once 'done'?

I think it'll make a lovely car but given some of the paint cracking, you know its hiding something.

People just need to remember that its not a GTR.

There is no reliable market data that can give a hint of what a good one is worth in UK. The GC10's that have changed hands in UK thus far have been project cars requiring bodywork and paint. I know of two - one was around £12k and other £22k. The latter was in similar condition to above car whilst the former needed extensive metal work as it was heavily corroded.

Good done up cars are hitting 4-5.5M Yen back in Japan. ( non GTR's)

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
No offence Preet but I reckon any 4dr saloon will have a limited appeal. Personally, I think I'd prefer the estate if I couldn't have a coupé just to be really exclusive.:p

datsfun

Club Member
No offence Preet but I reckon any 4dr saloon will have a limited appeal. Personally, I think I'd prefer the estate if I couldn't have a coupé just to be really exclusive.:p

Sean, it's a case of one man's meat is another's poison..

I like the 4DR saloon. By the looks of it, so do the Nissan engineers as the first "GTR" was a 4 DR saloon and not the coupe !. And with the " saloon GTR", they went racing and won 36 consecutive races before " GTR coupe" came along.

I am not sure if the "Hakosuka" would be as popular and desirable today had it not been for the racing success of the GTR variants, which was kick started by the saloon.

The L gata cars have to thank the GTR's for this.

datsfun

Club Member
Perso, I'd have a C110 but the moment to buy has long passed.

Due to the limited production run, genuine GTR's were always expensive and yes, today good units are £150k+...

A good project c110 coupe today costs the same as a high end restored LHD s30. I know which one I would have. EXTRA;)