Ground Control Coilovers

RawlinSTR

Club Member
Hi all,

I've got a set of Ground Control coilovers on the Z that came with the car and I'm going about setting them up at the moment.

The dampers have got compression and rebound adjustment knobs on the top:

IMG_9056.JPG

I've only ever had Gaz dampers with single adjustment and for them, I'd turn the knob to full soft and then turn it back a few clicks and trial until I was happy with the result.

These knobs don't click (obviously a different kind of adjuster) but I also can't seem to find the end stops.. I can undo the top (blue) knob so far that it just comes off.

Also, depending on where I set the top knob, that determines how much adjustment I have in the bottom (red knob).

Has anyone used these type of adjusters before who could give me some tips in how to go about setting them? I've had a look at the Ground Control website and there's no literature on there, plus I'm fairly sure these are different to the ones they now sell.

Thanks,
Simon

Turn & Burn

Club Member
It the world of mountain bikes it’s always Red for rebound and Blue for bounce, ie. more blue, generally clockwise, ups the compression and more red, again generally clockwise, slows the rebound.