Grill measurements

Kest

Club Member
I replaced the bonnet hinge panels on the car, but need to place my own brackets for the grill.
I've never had a grill for this car so have no idea on the measurements between bolt holes for the grill.
Can anyone provide me with some rough numbers so I can weld the brackets into place and it be not a million miles away when I finally get a grill.
77 260 (later style I believe it it makes a difference)
Or does anyone have a reasonable priced grill (any condition) they wouldn't mind moving on?
Cheers lads
IMG_20210923_140315.jpg

Geoff-R

Club Member
I'd get the grille first and then do the brackets or you could be a million miles off. Is the grille similar/the same as the 280z grilles? I am sure I have a 280z grille but if it's different that will be no good.

Kest

Club Member
That is solid advice that I did not even consider.
Thanks for the offer on the 280z grill, I think they have recesses for lights in the grill though.

After doing some research - and considering I don't have an original valance but a fiberglass boy that came with the carIMG_20210923_163338.jpg
I think I'm just going to fab a grill similar to one of these, as I like the look and I think I can do it for 40 quids worth of materials and a couple of hours.

Screenshot_20210924-190617.png

Thanks again for the sage advice :cheers: