Grey Import

MickM

Forum User
Hello, I may be able to purchase a Z ....but....
FairladyZ, 2004, certificated import in 2007 now with 46k on clock. Interior scruffy,exterior good. No service history, 11 months of MOT left. All things seem to work except electric adjustment of mirrors and rear gas struts for hatch. Any idea what sort of value/price? I know the issues around grey imports but do not have a clue about how much I should pay for this Fairlady :) Thanks Michael

M

madmarco

Hard to say without seeing the car, but average condition Z32's go for £2 - £3K.

Dale

Club Member
Imports will be cheaper to purchase, but will also sell for less and may be harder to shift when the time comes. If you're planning to keep it for a long time then fine.

Also I believe the UK 350z's are better spec'd than the imports, particularly the GT models.

There is a lot of choice and a lot of very well looked after cars out there if you are prepared to travel, so depending on what your budget is, I'd say take your time and find the right one. Try looking in the classifieds section of the 350z-uk.com. Buying a car from an enthusiast is usually a good idea.

MickM

Forum User
Imports will be cheaper to purchase, but will also sell for less and may be harder to shift when the time comes. If you're planning to keep it for a long time then fine.

Also I believe the UK 350z's are better spec'd than the imports, particularly the GT models.

There is a lot of choice and a lot of very well looked after cars out there if you are prepared to travel, so depending on what your budget is, I'd say take your time and find the right one. Try looking in the classifieds section of the 350z-uk.com. Buying a car from an enthusiast is usually a good idea.

Thanks, see what other replies there are. I am thinking of about 5k but that is a number based on feelings rather than market.........!

Mr.F

Inactive
UK 350z's are better spec'd than the imports

There are four levels of import 350Z at that age:
Fairlady Z - base model
Version T - Touring mods like leather, electric seats and Bose stereo
Version S - Sports mods like 18" wheels, Brembo brakes and VDC
Version ST - combines both and S and T mods - this will be equivalent to the UK spec GT cars.
Plus Nismo specials...

MickM

Forum User
There are four levels of import 350Z at that age:
Fairlady Z - base model
Version T - Touring mods like leather, electric seats and Bose stereo
Version S - Sports mods like 18" wheels, Brembo brakes and VDC
Version ST - combines both and S and T mods - this will be equivalent to the UK spec GT cars.
Plus Nismo specials...

Thanks. Has leather seats, no VDC, seats manual, 17 wheels so I reckon base model with leather :confused:

Arkwright

Inactive
It may also cost more to insure an import. Why consider an import when you can buy a UK model quite cheaply at the moment?

MickM

Forum User
It may also cost more to insure an import. Why consider an import when you can buy a UK model quite cheaply at the moment?

Yes I agree but this one is to hand and if I don't get this one I will look around in the Spring and see what happens. I was just trying to get an idea of prices as I have only found two 2004 FairladyZ's on the net for the year, 3k and 4.5k both with higher mileages. Insurance is sorted if I go ahead at £333 fully comp which I am ok with.
Thanks

MickM

Forum User
Hello Mike, yes I have the VIN as I needed it for the HPI check; Z33201816.
SVA/IVA certificate issued on 11-09-07.
Thanks for your help.

BRONZEE

Well-Known Forum User
How did you get on, was that one any good? As the others have mentioned always worth taking your time to find the best you can for the money.

MickM

Forum User
Hi, yes got it 4k. Main issue is electricals. Car has a Toad c4 alarm which works but... on lock/arm it will lock the drivers door, but not the passenger door (!). If you close the passenger door, lock it manually, then get out and lock/arm the car - all secure. Using unlock/disarm both passenger door and drivers door unlock remotely. Also the electric mirror adjusters do not work, I suspect the switch. If anybody has got any ideas about these faults that would be great. No doubt I will discover other things. But it was a sunny autumn day today and great fun driving it. I suppose this off topic o well ...............