Green UK 240z

toopy

Club Member
'make no mistake this car is not for the amature restorer. just assume the car needs everything doing , thats the safest way to buy the car.'

At least the seller is not attempting to hide anything and being honest about it's condition, although it's all pretty obvious anyway looking at the pics.

I'll plumb for around 15k as well.

Albrecht

Well-Known Forum User
Quite early UK market car, first registered in Sheffield? I think it is very likely much worse (structurally) than it looks, and the roof gutter removal is both inexplicable and a difficult fix.

Going to need a Tetanus shot for this one.

IbanezDan51

Well-Known Forum User
Quite early UK market car, first registered in Sheffield? I think it is very likely much worse (structurally) than it looks, and the roof gutter removal is both inexplicable and a difficult fix.

Going to need a Tetanus shot for this one.

I think almost as early as my first car - although that had the vertical defrost lines and early centre console.

I am genuinely shocked to see people bidding on this over 6k, its local to me and I was going to view tonight as a donor RHD car but its priced itself way out of what I was prepared to pay. The only logic I see behind paying that much for this car is you're trying to do something a bit naughty.

richiep

Club Member
Years ago of course, it'd have just been put down and out of its misery.
I great many 240 and 260Zs like this one were put down by pmac's angle grinder back in the day. I remember seeing the worthwhile remains stacked down the side of his shed and the parts boxes all over his garage!

If that goes into five figures, the Z world is descending into farce. Someone is headed for a world of financial hurt. Or, as Dan says, planning to be naughty.

status

Well-Known Forum User
Think it’s slightly gone into a farce already but then again people pay stupid money for the remains of an old Jag

uk66fastback

Club Member
How do we explain the one that went for £23k then? While maybe not quite as bad as this one, if they need rust repair then they need rust repair ...

Bearing in mind that the ONE thing you should always aim for with these cars is as rust-free a shell as possible, I am always amazed by how much an obviously rusty shell makes (and you can see through both floors with this one, so there's nothing hidden in effect).

Last edited:

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
You can sell a non rusty one for what, 30 - 40k? so if you have the skills to buy and fix up a rusty one for less than that, you can make some money.
seems a simple equation.

status

Well-Known Forum User
If it’s got no floors how can you hide anything,I’ll give Fred a bell and tell him all about this one if not Barney rubble might have it

IbanezDan51

Well-Known Forum User
You can sell a non rusty one for what, 30 - 40k? so if you have the skills to buy and fix up a rusty one for less than that, you can make some money.
seems a simple equation.

You might limit your audience with a patchwork quilt though...

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
You might limit your audience with a patchwork quilt though...
I'm not sure I'd agree that such a repair necessarily results in a patchwork quilt, or that the patchwork would be visible, but even if true, it's not really a problem as long as there's an audience of at least one that is willing to buy.

you can get so many more panels now than you could 5 years ago or when Dan did his first.

However given the roof gutters etc, i'd like to see how that'd be 'fixed'(new roof).

Last edited: