hallie

Club Member
https://msclassiccarsllc.com/VehicleDetails.aspx?vid=751

00.jpg

If only mine was as clean!

Last edited:

tyroguru

Club Member
Wow - that looks incredible. They need to start looking for the wormhole that it drove through to arrive here from 1971!

Albrecht

Well-Known Forum User
Does my head in the way they call a car like this a '1971' to conform to their ideas of 'Model Year' without actually stating that's what it refers to. The car was built in May 1970.

The 'Series 1' stuff is also local nonsense. These cars are identified by Series already, and it is 'S30 Series'. What you really need to know is model variant, market and market subsector, then production date.

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Lovely car. Shame about the screws in the bottom of the door cards ha ha.

It is a fantastic car however would you be happy to drive it and put miles on it?

Think I would.

uk66fastback

Club Member
Got a link Mr Ex? I did raise the fact about the screw/bolt heads in the bottoms of the door cards, a point mentioned by Rob in another thread, and there were many answers, the main gist of which was they were done at the factory ...

I have no idea if that is true or not though.

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
I find it really hard to believe the $310k figure. That is a huge amount for any car.

My gut feeling is that this might be a £50-60k car not £240k. Condition is one thing but the car is not super rare or 'special'.

uk66fastback

Club Member
It's a ridiculous and daft figure for this car but a) will the sale go through and be completed? And b) yes, the car sold on condition, but why not? It doesn't have to be super rare (you'd think so to get this much money) ... it's just a bit strange this was for sale for $55k a few weeks back (I think) - I am sure someone on here linked to an ad for it in a thread I can't find.

If it is in such great original condition as this (I find the paintwork 'too good to be true' myself though) - then it is 'super-rare' - find me another!

There are a lot of dollar millionaires in the US and other places to whom this amount of money is peanuts! And to have this in the collection is more important that the money ...

I find it really hard to believe the $310k figure. That is a huge amount for any car.

My gut feeling is that this might be a £50-60k car not £240k. Condition is one thing but the car is not super rare or 'special'.

I think the fact its factory fresh, original, that pushes the prices, that makes it rare. There'll be plenty more come out though now.

Point to note is that there were a series of bidders all willing to pay over 140k for it. So I think its fair to say its genuinely a £140k car.

Mr Ex Jnr

Club Member
Got a link Mr Ex? I did raise the fact about the screw/bolt heads in the bottoms of the door cards, a point mentioned by Rob in another thread, and there were many answers, the main gist of which was they were done at the factory ...

I have no idea if that is true or not though.

I'll find out it was on one of the s30 American sites

Apparently where the car is located there fuck all there I'll try find the link again

hedgehogdodger

Well-Known Forum User
Any car is worth what people will pay most likely will never be driven which is a shame.Desirable cars in great condition are getting like paintings investment only/