Greek Rally Replica up for Auction. Opinions? | The Z Club of Great Britain
  1. The Z Club relies on the support of it's paid members - join the club or renew your membership here.

Greek Rally Replica up for Auction. Opinions?

Discussion in 'Classifieds discussion' started by CheZ, Oct 17, 2019.

1. CheZ

CheZ Active Forum User

2. uk66fastback

uk66fastback
    Z Club Member

Where do these auction houses pluck these guesstimates as to the value from! Is it simply to garner interest?

3. atomman

atomman
    Z Club Member

Interesting front hub arrangement going on there , wonder what they used

4. Rob Gaskin

Rob Gaskin Treasurer Staff Member Moderator

I go to these auctions so will take a serious interest in this.

5. johnymd

johnymd
    Z Club Member

Looks reasonably priced to me. That strut picture doesn't even look like a 240z.

6. Albrecht

Albrecht Well-Known Forum User

I know how much work goes into building a car like that, but why do they so often insist on calling them a "Works Replica"?

The only similarity to a Works rally 240Z there is the red paint and anti-dazzle black bonnet/wing tops. Nothing else there - literally nothing - replicates the spec of a Works rally 240Z.

7. franky

franky Well-Known Forum User

Alan, what were other rally schemes of the period? I'm 'bored' of seeing the same thing done all the time.

This looks like good value at the estimate. Bet there's £8k's worth of suspension.

8. SeanDezart

SeanDezart
    Z Club Member
    Official Trader

Yellow from Portugal.

9. Albrecht

My focus is usually on the Works cars, and they didn't tend to have that much variety in livery (except for lettering/signwriting/stickers) until they passed into private hands and became 'ex-Works'...

There were exceptions, as the very first Works rally test/development cars were 918 Orange and Shekhar Mehta had a habit of painting roofs white (possible heat-reflecting properties but helping with identification) but the real variety came when new private owners wanted to stamp their own identities on the cars. I'm a big fan of the blue with white side stripe livery seen on some of the cars that Old Woking Service Station were looking after, and particularly of Kevin Videan's 'KEU' cars:

Videan-KEU-3.jpg

Chris159, Mr Tenno and WazzaJB like this.
  10. SeanDezart

SeanDezart
    Z Club Member
    Official Trader

Magnesium wheels...on a rallye ?

11. franky

why not?

12. Albrecht

Maybe you could pop back to 1969 and tell Nissan that they won't win the East African Safari Rally outright in 1970, 1971 and 1973 with cars using Magnesium wheels?

Woody928 and atomman like this.
  13. SeanDezart

SeanDezart
    Z Club Member
    Official Trader

Hitch up the knickers sisters and calm down:chillpill: - what was/is the shelf life of these wheel?

And didn't I see that they were being reproduced in Japan now ?

14. franky

Magnesium wheels will last the same length of time as any other wheel, its just about how they're looked after. Lots of none truths spouted about magnesium stuff.

15. jonbills

jonbills
    ZClub Administrator
    Staff Member Moderator

Not nearly as reactive as aluminium.

16. SeanDezart

SeanDezart
    Z Club Member
    Official Trader

Attached Files: