Graphene Anti-Corrosion Primer

Huw

Club Member
That sounds like interesting stuff. Anything that helps the reduction of water vapour transfer has got to be a good thing.

richiep

Club Member
I’ve used the Halfords graphene primer here and there on Project Dixie when I wasn’t ready to crack open a new 2k epoxy can. It’s very strong smelling, but leaves a nice finish that looks superior to standard 1k primers. Tougher too.

toopy

Club Member
I’ve used the Halfords graphene primer here and there on Project Dixie when I wasn’t ready to crack open a new 2k epoxy can. It’s very strong smelling, but leaves a nice finish that looks superior to standard 1k primers. Tougher too.

Did you apply it to bare metal or on top of etch?

richiep

Club Member
On top of a mixture of bare metal and Novol weld-they bodywork primer. There’s no traditional acid etch primer anywhere near my car.

moggy240

Insurance Valuations Officer
Staff member
Club Member
I hate it when it's called acid etch primer as it implies it sticks to anything , all surfaces need to be prepped for it to stick.
2k epoxy primer is really the only way to go.

richiep

Club Member
Is acid etch primer a bad thing?
It’s not compatible with epoxy primer, which is the route I’ve gone down as the main sealer. Epoxy is a more modern coating too and is durable for the car to stand for longer before paint. Etch is more hydroscopic and can’t be left standing in the same way an epoxy can.

Ian

Club Member
Nothing really wrong with etch. Its just that these days Epoxy is a better option.