Got the urge.......

DaveF

Club Member
I know the Slotmags look great, but I've an urge to fit something different......

Anyone got any suggestions? I don't want to be messing around with spacers or different studs etc, so was thinking just to keep at 14" (unless 15" can be fitted easily enough?)

Any help appreciated (also if anyone has anything for sale?)

IMG20220710170336.jpg

I know the Slotmags look great, but I've an urge to fit something different......

Anyone got any suggestions? I don't want to be messing around with spacers or different studs etc, so was thinking just to keep at 14" (unless 15" can be fitted easily enough?)

Any help appreciated (also if anyone has anything for sale?)

View attachment 57447

Stay 14" for the win. Watanabes are always a great choice. Libre's look nice.

status

Well-Known Forum User
I’ve a set of image wheels ( never fitted ) 7-16 which is a perfect fit for a Zed not too big £1400 also if you like a more of a spoke look I’ve the centres from a set of image wheels,again never fitted but can be used again by image wheels £100,all you have to pay for are the rims when you give them back to image,

Robotsan

Club Member
Has anyone fitted Japan Racing Wheels?

View attachment 57522

I considered them but I don't like the multi-fit lug holes design.

They're not much cheaper than the Rota RKRs you can get in the same design, so I've gone for the Rotas. Konig Rewinds are also available in the exact same design, but seem to be more expensive as they're made in the US I believe? Or certainly predominantly sold there.

Jay.

Club Member

They're not much cheaper than the Rota RKRs you can get in the same design, so I've gone for the Rotas. Konig Rewinds are also available in the exact same design, but seem to be more expensive as they're made in the US I believe? Or certainly predominantly sold there.

As above - the JR are yet another replica company. You can get them with a "custom PCD" off Driftworks, but note that they simply drill the holes and leave them without paint which looks pretty poor. I suppose you could choose the custom PCD and then have them painted, but it begins to get expensive

DaveF

Club Member

Yep, I saw that afterwards (100 and 114 pcd) ....I'll ditch that idea then!

Did you go for ET10 or ET0?

Robotsan

Club Member
Yep, I saw that afterwards (100 and 114 pcd) ....I'll ditch that idea then!

Did you go for ET10 or ET0?

15", 8J with ET0. Will be putting 225/50/15 tyres on which depending on who you speak to/which tyres you choose/how low your car is, may scrape the arches and need them rolling :)

205/60/15 should definitely be fine on a slightly low car though.

There's plenty of useful threads on here about wheel and tyre size if you search.

Robotsan

Club Member
Thanks a lot, much appreciated! Now I just need to pick a colour!!!

No worries. Please bear in mind I haven't fitted mine yet and I'm not an expert by any means. Best to still do your own research :)

Your car doesn't look that low though so you should be pretty safe. You could go for 7J wheels and be absolutely safe. I think that's the most common size on more stock looking Zs with original arches.

Use https://www.willtheyfit.com/ - very useful if you input what wheels and tyres you have now and then the new ones. You don't want to go too far from the original rolling diameter.

DaveF

Club Member
No worries. Please bear in mind I haven't fitted mine yet and I'm not an expert by any means. Best to still do your own research :)

Your car doesn't look that low though so you should be pretty safe. You could go for 7J wheels and be absolutely safe. I think that's the most common size on more stock looking Zs with original arches.

Use https://www.willtheyfit.com/ - very useful if you input what wheels and tyres you have now and then the new ones. You don't want to go too far from the original rolling diameter.

Yep, no worries....I am going to check my slotmags and see what they are before spending any cash!