Goodwood Breakfast Club - Nov 2nd

M

madmarco

Good ole Nick from the 300zx forums is organising an event you can't afford to miss.
You must pre-register for the event using the links below.

breakfastclub.jpg

Goodwood holds a breakfast club every month, and on November the 2nd, its our own japanese only event - Sushi Sunday.

Following the huge popularity of the 2007 Goodwood Breakfast Club season, the much anticipated dates and themes for the 2008 Sunday morning meetings can now be announced.

The Goodwood Breakfast Club will be held on the first Sunday of the month, from March until November (excluding September and October) at the historic Goodwood Motor Circuit in West Sussex. The event will once again host a series of meetings with the promise of an eclectic mix of vehicles and a great organic breakfast menu to get the appetite of any motoring enthusiast going.

The Goodwood Breakfast Club was originally launched to huge acclaim in March 2006 and since then each event has attracted an enthusiastic ‘petrol head’ audience. For 2008, the monthly Breakfast Club meetings will be enhanced with a new set of themes, as detailed below, plus other initiatives designed to appeal to the real motoring enthusiast with a healthy appetite. In addition to some great cars, expect to see some fantastic motorcycles, trikes, trucks and even buses!

Enhancements made to the Breakfast Club last summer now make it easier for themed vehicles to park-up on the starting grid of the hallowed Goodwood Motor Circuit, the scene of Britain’s first post-war motor race 60 years ago in 1948. Parking for non-themed spectator vehicles has also been improved to get enthusiasts closer to their breakfast, and some mouth-watering machines. It is now also easier than ever for enthusiasts to savour a delicious and hearty home-reared Goodwood organic breakfast, with more serving and seating positions located along the main Circuit Pit Straight.

The first of the 2008 Goodwood Breakfast Club meetings will be held on Sunday 2nd March. As in previous years, admission to the Breakfast Club remains free, and all visitors are welcome.

A revised and improved website, dedicated to the Goodwood Breakfast Club (www.Goodwood.co.uk/breakfastclub) will shortly be available on-line, highlighting each monthly theme, as well as a detailed listing of the delicious organic breakfast menu available.

Below is a full list of 2008 Goodwood Breakfast Club dates and themes, with a summary of the sort of vehicles visitors can expect to see at this year’s events.

So, if your interested in coming put your name down on the list below.

Can your also put if you have completed the regisfor Goodwood to get an idea on numbers, http://www.goodwood.co.uk/site/conte...istration.aspx

Heres a link to the Breakfast Club site - http://www.goodwood.co.uk/site/conte...b/Welcome.aspx

Here is where Goodwood is located - http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?utm_ca...&utm_term=maps

The List
Nickz32 - Form Completed
madmarco - Form Completed

Zed2k

Well-Known Forum User
I'm going to have to pull out of this one as Something has come up on the same day Bo***cks never mind, see you soon..

nickz32

Well-Known Forum User
An updated list from the 300zx.co.uk site

Nickz32 - Form Completed
Madmarco - Form Completed
Uno - Form Completed
Nutter4149 - Form Completed
atlast - Form Completed
300zx_girl - Form Completed
Marv300 - Form Completed
Sussex Stu - Form Completed

Russ

Club Member
Marco, I'll make sure I'm free that Saturday tomorrow when I'm at work (I sometimes have to work weekends we're so busy :( ) on the condition you let me know

What springs your car is running
Do you have any problems with your wheels scrubbing?

:p Your car sits exactly how I want mine to, but I don't know if the Eibach sports springs are the answer

Cheers!

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
Marco, I'll make sure I'm free that Saturday tomorrow when I'm at work (I sometimes have to work weekends we're so busy :( ) on the condition you let me know
!

Oh No its a Russism:lol:
You might be better making sure your free on the Sunday as no one will be there on the Saturday:rolleyes:

M

madmarco

What springs your car is running
Do you have any problems with your wheels scrubbing?

:p Your car sits exactly how I want mine to, but I don't know if the Eibach sports springs are the answer

Cheers!

No problem Russ!
I'm running KYB AGX shocks fitted with a Ground Control coilover set up with Eibach springs, adjustable upper arms front and rear, tension rods, etc.... You can dial in the ride height, camber, and toe to wherever you like.
Full spec here -
http://www.300zx-club.com/forum/vbgarage.php?do=view&id=19

Ground Control kit -
http://www.ground-control-store.com/products/description.php/II=64/CA=93

Now, get registered for Goodwood!

Russ

Club Member
Damn you've got 19s! I now have to aim higher. What's the ride like? I still might go 18 as finding the wheels I want in 19 might be hard.

Nice one mate I already have the same shocks and that coilover kit looks ideal, hadn't though of that. What spring rate did you go for? Have to see if I can get all the adjustable goodies at the same time otherwise I'll probably scrub a few tyres out :)

Cheers

nickz32

Well-Known Forum User
Another bump for this, it would be nice to get the whole Z range to show up to this

M

madmarco

Damn you've got 19s! I now have to aim higher. What's the ride like? I still might go 18 as finding the wheels I want in 19 might be hard.

Nice one mate I already have the same shocks and that coilover kit looks ideal, hadn't though of that. What spring rate did you go for? Have to see if I can get all the adjustable goodies at the same time otherwise I'll probably scrub a few tyres out :)

Cheers

I'd recomend staying with 18's. Although I like the look of the 19's and dont find the ride harsh, the risk of damage on rough or narrow roads is much higher.

Cant remember what spring rate I have but if you call the guys at Ground Control they will make a recomendation based on how you plan to use the car. I would definitly encourage you to get all the adjustable bits before you lower the suspension. You will save money on tyres and the difference in handling is huge.

nickz32

Well-Known Forum User
An up to date list:

The List
Nickz32 - Form Completed
Uno - Form Completed
atlast - Form Completed
Marv300 - Form Completed
Murt - Provisional
Croeso - Form Completed
Hellraiser - Form Completed
Andy Isherwood +1 - Form Completed
IanL - Form Completed
riobenson - Form Completed
old git - Form Completed

I feel like this one could be a blinder!!!

Russ

Club Member
Don't think I can afford this now, doing the "saving for a house for when the price fall ends" thing :(

Looks awesome though take lots of pics.

M

madmarco

Don't think I can afford this now, doing the "saving for a house for when the price fall ends" thing :(

Looks awesome though take lots of pics.

What!!!
I take back all of my advice, none of it was true anyway....

Just buy the 19's with a 10 offset, put on the biggest tyres you can find, and take a hacksaw to the springs. It will sit exactly like mine and nothing will rub. :thumbs:

Russ

Club Member
I promise to be there one day :)

I'm thinking I'd have to go 19s, I hated playing "oh Russ is a super hero, but Marco is a really big super hero", I'll be damned if your wheels are gonna be bigger as well ;)

bmarti

Forum User
An updated list from the 300zx.co.uk site

Nickz32 - Form Completed
Uno - Form Completed
atlast - Form Completed
Marv300 - Form Completed
bmarti -Form Completed

bmarti

Forum User
Good ole Nick from the 300zx forums is organising an event you can't afford to miss.
You must pre-register for the event using the links below.

breakfastclub.jpg

Goodwood holds a breakfast club every month, and on November the 2nd, its our own japanese only event - Sushi Sunday.

Following the huge popularity of the 2007 Goodwood Breakfast Club season, the much anticipated dates and themes for the 2008 Sunday morning meetings can now be announced.

The Goodwood Breakfast Club will be held on the first Sunday of the month, from March until November (excluding September and October) at the historic Goodwood Motor Circuit in West Sussex. The event will once again host a series of meetings with the promise of an eclectic mix of vehicles and a great organic breakfast menu to get the appetite of any motoring enthusiast going.

The Goodwood Breakfast Club was originally launched to huge acclaim in March 2006 and since then each event has attracted an enthusiastic ‘petrol head’ audience. For 2008, the monthly Breakfast Club meetings will be enhanced with a new set of themes, as detailed below, plus other initiatives designed to appeal to the real motoring enthusiast with a healthy appetite. In addition to some great cars, expect to see some fantastic motorcycles, trikes, trucks and even buses!

Enhancements made to the Breakfast Club last summer now make it easier for themed vehicles to park-up on the starting grid of the hallowed Goodwood Motor Circuit, the scene of Britain’s first post-war motor race 60 years ago in 1948. Parking for non-themed spectator vehicles has also been improved to get enthusiasts closer to their breakfast, and some mouth-watering machines. It is now also easier than ever for enthusiasts to savour a delicious and hearty home-reared Goodwood organic breakfast, with more serving and seating positions located along the main Circuit Pit Straight.

The first of the 2008 Goodwood Breakfast Club meetings will be held on Sunday 2nd March. As in previous years, admission to the Breakfast Club remains free, and all visitors are welcome.

A revised and improved website, dedicated to the Goodwood Breakfast Club (www.Goodwood.co.uk/breakfastclub) will shortly be available on-line, highlighting each monthly theme, as well as a detailed listing of the delicious organic breakfast menu available.

Below is a full list of 2008 Goodwood Breakfast Club dates and themes, with a summary of the sort of vehicles visitors can expect to see at this year’s events.

So, if your interested in coming put your name down on the list below.

Can your also put if you have completed the regisfor Goodwood to get an idea on numbers, http://www.goodwood.co.uk/site/conte...istration.aspx

Heres a link to the Breakfast Club site - http://www.goodwood.co.uk/site/conte...b/Welcome.aspx

Here is where Goodwood is located - http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?utm_ca...&utm_term=maps

The List
Nickz32 - Form Completed
madmarco - Form Completed
bmarti-Form Completed

nickz32

Well-Known Forum User
Another list update

The List
Nickz32 - Form Completed
Uno - Form Completed
atlast - Form Completed
Marv300 - Form Completed
Murt - Provisional
Croeso - Form Completed
Hellraiser - Form Completed
Andy Isherwood +1 - Form Completed
IanL - Form Completed
riobenson - Form Completed
old git - Form Completed
bmarti - Form Completed
BluNik - Form Completed
Moby - Form Completed

Last edited by a moderator:

nickz32

Well-Known Forum User
Guys and gals,

I think it would be pretty sweet if we all turned up to this meet at the same time in convoy, and i personally think it would be nice to get there at the start of the meet so we get a nice position on the circuit.

So the plan is to RVP at Sainsburys, Jnc of Porterfield way and Westhampnett Road from between 08:30 and 08:50. The car park will be nice and empty so we should have no problems finding each other.

Here are a few maps to help find it.

Goodwoodrvp2.jpg

Goodwoodrvp.jpg

And for those who really struggle where the bus stop sign is in the middle of the map, is the entrance to the shops so ignore the (A) flaghttp://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&h...0.843732,-0.758014&spn=0.002608,0.006866&z=17

This is how far away we will be from Goodwood itself, and the route we will take

Goodwoodrvproute.jpg

If any of you would like to change the time, say now or forever hold your peace.

Finally, could those of you who have stated you are coming, please post a reply to say you have seen this.

Cheers guys

Nick

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
I am up for this added name to list and seen previos post re meet up place

The List
Nickz32 - Form Completed
Uno - Form Completed
atlast - Form Completed