Gold cup still going ahead

richiep

Club Member
Damn. I haven’t organised a club stand for the Gold Cup this year. It was all hanging in the balance around the time that I would normally be making the booking. I’m trying to navigate around the mess of the MSV website at the moment to see if it is still possible to book a club stand. Failing that, people may have to book individual display passes.

Will update shortly.

richiep

Club Member
FYI, I’ve given MSV a prod to see what the status is with getting a stand as our application hasn’t been approved in the system yet (along with a slew of other clubs). I will update once I hear anything.

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Hi Rich, bit surprised that you haven't heard anything so close to the planned date.

richiep

Club Member
Indeed. The email I sent was met with an automatic response with all the MSV Covid impact bumph and nothing specifically about the Gold Cup. There’s still been no apparent action on all the clubs waiting approval in the system. If we get to the end of the week and still nothing, I’m inclined to think we get individual display passes and then convoy in and create a club stand regardless!

Will keep you posted though.

chef

Club Member
Indeed. The email I sent was met with an automatic response with all the MSV Covid impact bumph and nothing specifically about the Gold Cup. There’s still been no apparent action on all the clubs waiting approval in the system. If we get to the end of the week and still nothing, I’m inclined to think we get individual display passes and then convoy in and create a club stand regardless!

Will keep you posted though.
Hi Richie,
I’d be up for that if you here anything, we could always meet somewhere before & drive in together if we book individual maybe, just a thought,
Stu

richiep

Club Member
I’ve emailed MSV again for an update. Nothing by mid-week and I’ll post a recommendation for us to get individual display passes and plans for a meet before we go in as a group - allowing us to park together and stake our own claim on the hill if the organisers can’t get their act together.

Timbo

Club Member
Hi,
Is this likely to become an official Club meeting event where we can secure tickets in advance through the club or is it a 'make your own way in' and meet up with cars once inside?
New to the club and looking forward to opportunities to meet other owners and share information about their cars, so in the absence of any other proposed car events on the site I presumed this to be it for the foreseeable future.
Plus my car will go away for Autumn/Winter (dissolves in water) so this would appear to be the only opportunity until 2021.

richiep

Club Member
As mentioned above, I’ve applied for a club stand - as has been the case for years - so that when booking, members would be able to select their club affiliation. However, all I’ve heard is crickets since, with a quite a number of other clubs also in the same situation: showing in the booking system but as “pending approval” - meaning you can’t book against the club.

If I hear nothing by midweek, I will advise on here the booking process for individual passes and then we can meet up beforehand and convoy in to assure that we can establish a spot as a group.

richiep

Club Member
Okay - quick update: I’ve spoken to a nice lady at Oulton Park about the situation. As could be expected, Covid-19 is central to the ongoing limbo. Basically, the team/company that deal with the ticketing for MSV events based out of Brands Hatch are still mostly furloughed. Consequently, all things like club displays etc are stuck in a holding pattern until some staff are available to work through the backlog. Oulton don’t know when that will be, although the lady postulated that after this weekend (when the first big event since lockdown takes place at Oulton) attention will then move to the Gold Cup, and whether the Brands team deal with it or the admin gets transferred to Oulton, something will likely happen. She was sympathetic anyway - her other half is a club rep and he’s been on at her for answers! She’s had to say “just because I work there doesn’t mean I know the answer!”

She did say that if people wanted to buy normal tickets to ensure they attend, they would probably be able to sort a refund if club passes then become available. She stressed that there’s still some debate about paid tickets versus display freebies due to the impact of the lockdown - paid tickets obviously help them due to the financial pressure they’ve been placed under.

I’m inclined to say hold fire for another week based on that conversation, unless you want to buy standard tickets to ensure entry. If the club passes then become available that’s a freebie anyway and then you could either get a refund or look on it contributing to Oulton and the future of the Gold Cup, etc.

Having played with the ticket system, you can still apply for individual display passes, but I suspect that they still require approval by the Brands team, meaning one ends up in the same situation as trying to book a club slot. If someone wants to be a Guinea Pig and try booking an individual pass all the way through to checkout in the system, feel free! You can always just head for the club stands anyway if we get one.

Mr Ex Jnr

Club Member
Here the zclub is pending there are some that are accepted tho half there half pending

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200731-134740.jpg
    Screenshot_20200731-134740.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 16
  • Screenshot_20200731-134846.jpg
    Screenshot_20200731-134846.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 14