Go on then I will mention it!

Chappers

Club Member
Go on then I will mention it! Sam for sale

As no one else has mentioned the "White Elephant" in the room I will - sort of. What am I talking about?

Last edited by a moderator:

datsfun

Club Member
My work is done- but- this stuff is usually posted 3 nano seconds after hitting eBay?

Bad time of the year..I suspect all the geezers with money to buy high end flash 240/260z,s are away on summer holidays with their families keeping their other half's happy :D

status

Well-Known Forum User
How long do we have to wait for the anoraks and petty comments on this one to come out which happens when a z comes up for sale. I've seen this car a while back and it is quality so anyone wanting a nice zed should go for it,shame you have to sell it,

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Earwigo then.

No comments upon the car but the more important fact that 'the market', ie Z owners believe now is the time to sell quality (read +£20k) cars.

I speculate that this will have five roll-on effects :

1) induce more cars to come out of the woodwork
2) attract the eyes of inhabitual buyers (ie not clubbies) who'll become curious and buy and
3) these cars will be seen at more events and more prestigeous ones, they will effectively
4) become automatically accepted in the classic-car world
5) create more media interest

A flash-point* has been reached whereby we will continue to see 'barn-finds and 'project-cars' but accompanied by 'quality' cars either existent or newly restored.

*aided by certain cars passing through highly publicised auctions at circuits.

All imho.

status

Well-Known Forum User
Induce more cars maybe for those in it for the money,don't have to be a clubbie to own a classic car,prestigious events are for snobs every one is equall and is only an opinion,they are only not accepted by stuck up ponsies who think they are a jap e-type but when mentioned they go round corners properly they usually shut up,create more media interest so they can say the usual rubbish because they can't be bothered to do their research,do we really need to read the same **** Over and over again and who cares really any way?bottom line its a nice car so good luck to who buys it, ps, wots mine worth now,gets yer thinking dun it

richiep

Club Member
As no one else has mentioned the "White Elephant" in the room I will - sort of. What am I talking about?

Don't fancy buying the old girl back then Pete? :D

Sorry to see Jonathan selling this. JK - is this likely to be a permanent hiatus from Z ownership should it sell?

status

Well-Known Forum User
No ,my zed is an ex samuri as it had a sammy engine done by Kevin irons who took over the name

JK240

Club Member
Thanks all for the positive comments (so far...;)),

It's been on my mind for a while for one reason or another and I don't have to sell, or even sure I really want to if I'm honest and unless it makes reserve it's going nowhere.

I know what eBay is like though and it maybe not the best platform for the car, so I'll see what response it gets if any and then maybe try it somewhere else.

As for Donington, one step at a time.... :)

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
So without any form of judgement either prior or post, why advertise it ?

Ebay is a worldwide shop window whether it sells there or not, it will be seen. I feel that if you play on the genuine Samuri/Kevin Irons status, it'll (did we ever agree on the gender of Samuris ?) sell better through an established auction house coupled with a lot of prior publicity and staged during a proper event ie Silverstone Classic for ex.

Good luck with whatever youd ecide to do - you have carried the Z scene further; I hope however you do so that you make the most of it.

Chappers

Club Member
Don't fancy buying the old girl back then Pete? :D

Sorry to see Jonathan selling this. JK - is this likely to be a permanent hiatus from Z ownership should it sell?
Sadly not a buyer at present- spent on the house extension, and still spending, enough to buy Big Sam and FFA as well as CAB. That is how it feels anyway.
I did say to Jonathan that he will regret selling- I still do and that was in '95.

richiep

Club Member
Is the extension all done now? I've needed to pop over for months to visit the "Z shed" - can I have a tour when I do? :D

Stockdale

Club Member
Induce more cars maybe for those in it for the money,don't have to be a clubbie to own a classic car,prestigious events are for snobs every one is equall and is only an opinion,they are only not accepted by stuck up ponsies who think they are a jap e-type but when mentioned they go round corners properly they usually shut up,create more media interest so they can say the usual rubbish because they can't be bothered to do their research,do we really need to read the same **** Over and over again and who cares really any way?bottom line its a nice car so good luck to who buys it, ps, wots mine worth now,gets yer thinking dun it

Oh dear :unsure:.

I would though be interested in members views regarding potential values of 240z Sams v 260Z Sams? Clearly the latter don't have competition credibility (from the abruptly dismissive postings I have seen concerning 'run o' t' mill 260z's).