Fusible links - Decent Alternative

Ian

Club Member
I want to replace my fusible links with a better setup, something more modern, reliable, easier to replace, smaller and neater.

I've been looking around for something suitable but haven't come up with much, blade fuse boxes are neat but don't go above 30 amps.

You can get really nice looking small size audio distribution boxes that can use fuses of the correct amp, but I don't think they would stand up that well in an engine bay.

So that only really leaves midi fuse distribution boxes, but these are rather large things and I was hoping for something smaller than that, smaller than the fusible links, not larger.

Power distribution fusebox for 1 Mega & 4 Midi fuses.: MFB1

4 way Maxi fuse holder / distribution box: FHA500

Has anyone here got any good ideas? anybody done this?

status

Well-Known Forum User
I had my fuseable links blow twice after having my ECU put on with the throttle boddies,now it might sound strange but they blew in the same bit of ongar essex when they went,might be some strange force in the area,i try to avoid it if i can and its been ok since,now if there is an alternative that might be worth looking at,i carry spares with me now,bit spooky i think

Ian

Club Member
On a few of my motorbike looms i've got 60 amp blade fuses so there's plenty out there. Have you looked at a place like this?

Vehicle Wiring Products Ltd. Suppliers of auto electrical parts.
Yes, you can get 60 amp blade fuses, they are known as Maxi fuses, but I can't find a nice Maxi fuse distribution block other than interior audio ones.

google mega fuse :)

I have fitted a few mega fuses into my wiring loom.
I know Mega fuses, but the distribution boxes for them seem to be rather large, I was hoping for something smaller.

Dave, where did you wire yours, did you leave them in the engine bay or move them inside.