fuel perssure regulator

chris frizzell

Club Member
hi all just a quick question my 280z is running 40psi fuel pressure with out the regulator on as its leaking . is this too hight as its 4psi over what it should be ? any chance of damage to pipe work if so has any body got a spare for sale many thanks chris

Turn & Burn

Club Member
hi all just a quick question my 280z is running 40psi fuel pressure with out the regulator on as its leaking . is this too hight as its 4psi over what it should be ? any chance of damage to pipe work if so has any body got a spare for sale many thanks chris
Fuel pressure on injection systems is in the region of 3bar or 45psi so sounds ok to me.

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
I think it'll run a bit rich like that, from what I've read they're quite sensitive to the fuel pressure.

Mark N

Club Member
The pipe work should be fine as will the hoses providing they are not perished and FI hose not carb.
The FPR is vacuum referenced to maintain a 36.3psi differential between fuel pressure and intake manifold pressure.
So that extra 4psi differential with the intake manifold at idle will increase at higher revs as the intake pressure decreases, causing the engine to run rich.
What year is your car? I have a '78 regulator (3 port including the vacuum) that I don't need.

chris frizzell

Club Member
sorry getting my part name mixed up its not the FPR i have bypass the fuel damper on the fuel pump . it was running a 40psi so tried to turn it down which has caused a fuel leak . runs fine without it . look like these are hard to fine NLA in nissan spec will this give me any problems thanks chris

chris frizzell

Club Member
thanks for that mark looked on line and the bmw one look close a think the later one where no adjustable , all bosch anyway . looks like load of z are runnng without but i dont wont to danage any other parts just wonder if any fellow 280z owner was running with no fuel damper chris