Fuel injection kit

Seikoking

Well-Known Forum User
Does anyone have any experience of the following?

https://www.classicfuelinjection.co...um-complete-kit-for-triple-weber-dcoe-375-bhp

This looks like a well priced option compared to, for example, a set up from Jenvey. What might be the drawbacks, limitations etc?

If I am reading correctly, it would be a complete set up including everything needed to switch from triple Weber’s? Toying with switching from carbs, so seeking opinions from the knowledgeable crew on here

Mark N

Club Member
That looks to be a pretty comprehensive kit seeing as it includes the ECU, sensors and fuel system.
Their Parts and Components section lists Bosch, Webcon and Walbro parts, so there should be some decent quality parts in the kit (providing that section is representative of what it contains).

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
Yes, looks good value. Missing a swirl pot if you're using a standard fuel tank.

Turn & Burn

Club Member
Looks good, a similar kit using an Emerald and Jenvey’s comes in at £2550. Personal choice but I think the Jenvey TB looks a better finished product. Where are the mounts for an airbox on the TBs? There doesn’t appear to be fuel rail, it says injectors come with high pressure hose fittings. Also no ram pipes, assume you would reuse the ones off your existing Weber’s but not sure how they’re held in place.

Seikoking

Well-Known Forum User
Thanks for input guys.

For those that have made the swap from Weber’s to throttle bodies, what are your experiences please?

Improvements with starting?
More power?
Improved overall drivability?

Having done a little more research I really
Like the look of the Jenvey Heritage range, but the cost would be considerable !

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
improved economy and tunability for me.
I think the jenvey heritage ITBs have the injectors underneath which is probably not where you want them on an L engine.

Last edited:

Turn & Burn

Club Member
Thanks for input guys.

For those that have made the swap from Weber’s to throttle bodies, what are your experiences please?

Improvements with starting?
More power?
Improved overall drivability?

Having done a little more research I really
Like the look of the Jenvey Heritage range, but the cost would be considerable !
Not much experience on an L series, but generally better cold start running, fires up easy and ticks over from cold like any modern car.

Not sure about more power, possibly, but drive ability and fit/tune and forget are big positives. I’ve a very highly strung Vauxhall red-top and it transformed the mid range and progression into the power band. I’m sure you could achieve the same with 45s given enough time and spares but this is easier.

uk66fastback

Club Member
My old Mustang had a big fat drag carb on it and was a bugger to start from cold. The guy who built the engine showed me another car he had done (a’70) which had a FAST injection system installed. It started from cold on the turn of the key and ticked over like a modern car. I think whatever system you get will be an improvement in ‘useability’ if that’s what you’re after.