Fuel filler "pocket"

arcdef

Club Member
Hi,

Noticed that I have some rust forming inside the fuel filler filler where it joins the rear quarter panel. Does anyone know if possible to get replacement for these of will I need to find a body shop willing to fab the metal as needed.

If the later any recommendations for bodyshops in South England who you recommend? I'd rather tackle it before it spreads to the quarter panel.

Screenshot_20221014-100317.png

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
Have you started on this Ash? I've just been doing the opposite on mine (changing the outer skin) and It's pretty hard I think to separate the two without damage to the outer skin - it doesn't look very rust at all from that pic - I think I'd just leave it.

arcdef

Club Member
I decided to book it into a bodyshop to sort, they recon half a day to separate the panels and repair but yes will likely need the outer to be resprayed after.

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
I'd think very likely to need paint - there are 6 spot welds (unless you/they decide to bond it back on instead).

arcdef

Club Member
Yeah they are going to see how much damage is done to the metal from rust/if it overheats from grinding etc but I've already accepted I'll be painting also😂