Front Vented disc for 260

Fastededdie

Club Member
Iv purchased the Hilux brake callipers for the front. Do I need a spacer and where can I buy the vented discs from? Apart from the USA as they want $200 plus just for delivery. There must be a match somewhere .

Thanks

Turn & Burn

Club Member
300zx 1984 but I don’t think the 4 bolt discs are available in the uk. It was a US thing.

I’m sure people used to talk about Peugeot 505gti discs, possibly worth checking this out, but as far as I can see the centre bore will need opened up.

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
There are many threads on this forum over the years on this. It's worth a search. Covers those 505 discs and spacers and all.

AliK

Vehicle Dating Officer
Staff member
Club Member
Sorry chap, didn’t make it to the garage today.

So if you have an early 260z then your hubs are the same as a 240 and from what I understand will need spacers for it to work.

If you have a later 260 then they will just slip on fine with the centre bore opened up.

I will definitely be in the garage tomorrow so will send you a pic / details of the ones I have on the late 260.

What year is your car?

Fastededdie

Club Member
Hi Alik from what I can gather mine is a 1974. Thanks for your time.

In fact 29-05-1974

When I put the new dampers on the suspension I had to use the 280 ones.

Your a good man Alik always ready to help and the previous conversations I use all the time.
Had a delay on the car as my mate who stripped it with me is ill and I cant figure out what the hells going on as for the parts he's taken off.

johnymd

Club Member
I use the 300zx discs from the US. Rockauto to be precise. You will need a spacer for both but of different thickness due to the offset of the hub. I actually think the best option is to buy the complete kit from silvermine as it doesn't work out much more and you get everything you need.

atomman

Club Member
I'm pretty sure you can just use the MAZDA 323/MX 5 disc's on late 260z's and 280z's without the spacers with the hilux calipers, will still need machining though, although I haven't done this myself

AliK

Vehicle Dating Officer
Staff member
Club Member
That’s interesting - I didn’t know about the Mazda discs.

As you say, the 505 discs with machining out the centre just slid on without spacers on my ‘77 260Z.

Edit: the 323 discs will need new holes drilled too ...

5e070b899e10bcb784bcf41321d45fac.jpg

Last edited: