Front lower grille

HOUSEQUAKE

Well-Known Forum User
I'm looking for a suitable grille for the lower part beneath the bumper that is not covered.

Has anybody any knowledge of using front grilles from a different make of car?

I keep looking at the pug grilles thinking they might do? I can imagine this sort of look under the bumper.

peugeot_207_gt_front_25_07_06.JPG

Anyone good at photoshopping? Maybe do a mock up?

Last edited by a moderator:

Tony 260Z

Club Member
Interesting idea. I'd (idly) thought about trying it myself but never got beyond that. You can buy various grille materials (hello Halfords et al) but they'd have to be done right.

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
I've been looking at this for a while - I'm going to ask a local smithy to make me one up that continues the original grill all the way down to the bottom panel (going between the bottom of the front wings) ! It won't be expensive, be power-coat painted in black satin and cover up the 'forgotten hole' under the bumper !

It'll save my rad. (already protected from kamikaze pidgeons) from errant bunnies too !

HOUSEQUAKE

Well-Known Forum User
*chuckles*

I've seen the thread on classicZclub, it's that what set me off again 'coz like Sean I've been kicking around with the idea for some time.

I've seen the grille mesh type stuff tony260 is talking ABOUt (oops, caps off) but I've a nasty suspicion I'd manage to make a comp-lete mess of it.

I'm looking for something that goes right up to the edges, like on an Aston Martin.

[now sits and waits for someone to suggest an Aston martin :p ]

Attachments

• Aston-Martin-V12-Vanquish-wallpapers-2.jpg
    Aston-Martin-V12-Vanquish-wallpapers-2.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 18

HOUSEQUAKE

Well-Known Forum User
erm...

...might you not upset some people with your 'girly chrome' reference Sean?

After all, it was all the rage when these cars were in their heyday and dare I say one of the more appealing things about classic cars :conf2:

But I know wot you mean, I de-chromed Delores straight away :devil:

status

Well-Known Forum User
i got my mesh from ripspeed,just got to get round to doing it,cost me 17 quid about 3 years ago

status

Well-Known Forum User
its still in the wrapping,probably find a picture on their website,it is similar to the mesh that is on my gill on my 260,see my gallery

Mr Ex

Inactive
status said:
its still in the wrapping,probably find a picture on their website,it is similar to the mesh that is on my gill on my 260,see my gallery
A bit like a 432 then.

Paul_S

Club Member
To resurrect an old thread...

I was looking at this picture again today and thought perhaps I was missing a part of my grille, but it seems this is normal (?)

gallery_245_510_286619.jpg

I think I'd like to do something about putting a grille below the bumper. What do you all do? Fabricate something? Or is there a product that's available? Or leave it, as is?