front ARB mount pics?

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
Hi, I know what I'm after is going to be here somewhere, but I can't find it -
Can anyone point me at some pics of reinforcing ARB front mounts? mine has pulled out....

thanks!

pmac

Well-Known Forum User
Hi, I know what I'm after is going to be here somewhere, but I can't find it -
Can anyone point me at some pics of reinforcing ARB front mounts? mine has pulled out....

thanks!
You were on the thread(my build) yesterday;)

:driving:
The final job today was to install the front anti roll bar modified mounts using a crush tube.
This means the antiroll bar now bolts thru the chassis rail which is supported with the weld in crush tube. I will then make an inside mounting plate for the two bolts so single handed installation from underneath is preserved.
There are a lot of hours involved in these initial stages in addition to normal bare shell work. They have to be done now before i get to paint stage. I hope they will show thru in the quality and fitness for purpose of the final car:unsure:
http://zclub.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=9846&d=1323027519

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
Thanks everyone. yes there's some rust in there as well - it's been plated before, and I'd injected it with Waxoyl but obviously it was weakened. And yes Rob, this is with my cunning double anti roll bar setup.

Weld in crush tubes would save the hassle of locating a new welded in nut on the replacement plating. Sounds like the way forward.

you could use a plate as a pressure spread. some low profile u channel on each side(obviously channel facing away from the rail, about 15cm long, 2.5mm thickness. This will allow you to spread the load caused by the bolt over a greater surface area.