From Day 1 to today... A few Mods

3FIDDYZ

Forum User
Been modding my car for a few years now, a few mods for power, a few for handeling and a few for style..

Day 1 it looked like this
myfiddy1.jpg

And today it looked like this
IMG_6395.jpg

IMG_6398.jpg

before the wheels were PC'd
DSC03634.jpg

DSC03592.jpg

Engine bay has been through a few variations
DSC00470.jpg

And currently (!) looks like this
DSC01431.jpg

Interior
smallDSC01794.jpg

smallDSC01802.jpg

That also had a screen upgrade
DSC03321.jpg

That looks like this when it all on
DSC03516.jpg

Girlfriend did a bit of trimming for me and i did a bit more carbon work
DSC01169.jpg

Did a bit of work on the lights
DSC03324.jpg

Been in here a few times
DSC05178.jpg

And it sounds like this!

Crap pics but these were the latest updates... Bit of Nismo under the plenum! (had a seal go in no6 spark so perfect time to change the cam covers!)
IMG_0249.jpg

IMG_0247.jpg

Suspension and Exhaust system upgraded (from the manifolds back...) but no decent pics of those!

Few more upgrades planned but still at decision point on a few things... But all in all, the car drives and handles better and is more comfy place to sit from the day I picked her up... But if I had to go back to day 1, I would still probably be as happy!

Hope you like (but am open to Crit too ;) )

Mark

Last edited by a moderator:

racer

Club Member
Sweet car. Are you at Japfest 2 tommorow? I would like to see it in the flesh.
Any dyno sheets we can look at?

3FIDDYZ

Forum User
Sweet car. Are you at Japfest 2 tommorow? I would like to see it in the flesh.
Any dyno sheets we can look at?

Hi Racer, Unfortunately not at Japfest tomorrow, might be @ Zedfest, will possibly be at a few other shows this year. Dyno sheets here http://zclub.net/forum/350z-370z/16693-350z-mild-tuning-2.html

@Val, I know what you mean! As its one of the nicest aftermarket rears for the Zed I wasnt suprised! Still not too many Blades in the UK with it, a few blues and blacks and now a Liquid Yellow!

moggy240

Insurance Valuations Officer
Staff member
Club Member
Is that a 350ZG then ? :rolleyes: Very nice, loving the colour & the wheels also.

i was thinking that,the front bumper has a G-nose look,all loooks to be high quality,the magpies will love the engine bay with all that bling :thumbs::thumbs:

3FIDDYZ

Forum User
i was thinking that,the front bumper has a G-nose look,all loooks to be high quality,the magpies will love the engine bay with all that bling :thumbs::thumbs:

Hope they can give me some advice on keeping it up to scratch! Bain of my life the polishing esp with the bonnet vents and it being a daily driver! Seen a few products that say they help with water marks but not tried any!

BTW, and sorry for a newb to zclub question but whats a G-Nose? Guess I should practice what I preach and go uptop and hit the search button!! ;)

JakTheRuby

Club Member
The G-Nose is an acquired taste on the 240Z but was a 'traditional' modification. Gives the front a larger over-hang and (in possibly my opinion only) a more US feel (it makes the front look a little more Corvette). It's a similar flavour to what you've done with yours. I'm not massively keen on the G-Nose on a 240 as it required the right colour to 'work' for me, but your car looks the tits! Hope you make it to Zedfest so I can have a look-see.

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
The G-Nose is an acquired taste on the 240Z but was a 'traditional' modification. Gives the front a larger over-hang and (in possibly my opinion only) a more US feel (it makes the front look a little more Corvette).

I thought it was a factory car....not a "modification" and not "traditional"....what tradition ?

"US feel" - Corvette like......next thing you'll be saying is that the 240Z was built for the Yanks !:rolleyes:

JakTheRuby

Club Member
Yup, sorry Sean. It was a jap homologated version originally to get into Group 4 racing. It originally had a plastic 'nose' and rivet-on arches (and probably a spoiler..?). In the right colours with the tight shoes it looks great. It's is a reasonably traditional mod for regular s30's though now though (extends neck and hangs out head once again).

"US feel" - Corvette like......next thing you'll be saying is that the 240Z was built for the Yanks !

Tee-hee!

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Of course.....and they went on to design and build ever bigger and fatter cars to match 'em until your Z32 after which they followed the health-food and fitness mode and went (almost) back to basics - the Z is now a reasonably trim 40yr old after years of corpulence.

3FIDDYZ

Forum User
Cheers Jak, appriciate the kind words...

Anyhooo... Back off topic!

s301.jpg

I just had a little sex wee................................... That is HAWTTTTTT! :)

If only I could stop modding the 350z I would start with doing up a 240z so the 350 has a friend to keep him company in the garage!

BRONZEE

Well-Known Forum User
Your car certainly has taken shape over the years. Really looking good. :thumbs: Love the red Recaro's too. :thumbs: