Fixing indicator lenses

Makesy

Club Member
Any thoughts/experience on how to repair the threads on indicator lenses please?

Epoxy might work but I don't want to ruin them testing it out

Otherwise hot glue and use a bolt to tap it when it dries?

Any advice welcome!

IMG_20200513_192951.jpg

IMG_20200513_192949.jpg

status

Well-Known Forum User
I’ve got a new set of those but they ain’t cheap,it’s hard to repair plastic as the repair rarely lasts

MaximG

Well-Known Forum User
You can get repro ones might be easier, I’m sure someone will remember where from.

JDM Car Part eBay.

status

Well-Known Forum User
Cheaper than getting from states and as we know plastic isn’t easy to do a permanent fix depending where the break is,just pointing out another option but you seem to have missed the point yet again as you’ve done in the past when you’ve commented on other people’s replies,so I’ll leave it at that and let you have the last say

MaximG

Well-Known Forum User
Cheaper than getting from states and as we know plastic isn’t easy to do a permanent fix depending where the break is,just pointing out another option but you seem to have missed the point yet again as you’ve done in the past when you’ve commented on other people’s replies,so I’ll leave it at that and let you have the last say

So how much cheaper? Give the man a price.

status

Well-Known Forum User
Trouble is you can nearly always see the repair but probably not where they are,at least you haven’t got a crack in the lens

status

Well-Known Forum User
I paid £100 for em so looking to get my money back,also got a clear set but they are going for stupid money,got complete units but I think they are spoken for,got other 240/260 bits I’ve decided to sell as I think if my car is ever written off due to the fact parts are no longer available then I’d get nearly 40 K back on the insurance and get to keep wots left

MaximG

Well-Known Forum User
I paid £100 for em so looking to get my money back,also got a clear set but they are going for stupid money,got complete units but I think they are spoken for,got other 240/260 bits I’ve decided to sell as I think if my car is ever written off due to the fact parts are no longer available then I’d get nearly 40 K back on the insurance and get to keep wots left

In which case then for pucker JDM lenses that’s probably a good price, boxed? Don’t know about you but I don’t like to sell anything personally. I only sold my wheels recently because I didn’t have anywhere to put them.

Makesy

Club Member
Thanks for the suggestions all.

I'll try the epoxy/araldite route and purchase new ones if it doesn't work out.

Lenses are getting pretty expensive and as much as I would like to move to clear ones, I'd rather spend the money on other bits at the moment.

Nevertheless, appreciative of all the input.

Mark N

Club Member
I would be tempted build it up with a clear epoxy after cleaning it with alcohol (I believe some solvents can cause cracks).
Drill an oversized hole and epoxy the screw in place so that you don't over stress the repair by trying to cut new threads with the screw.
Very carefully clamp the lens to the housing while the epoxy cures
Then hope you don't need to take it apart any time soon!