Fitting Camber Plates

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
I'm going to fit my Arizona Camber Plates before I put the car back on the road this Spring.

Do I just remove the rubber top mount and bearing and fit the piston rod into the spherical camber plate bearing. This will lower the car but I can compensate by raising my bottom spring platform.

Then my strut brace will not fit. It currently mounts on the three standard bearing bolts. How have others overcome this?

mark240z

Well-Known Forum User
I'm going to fit my Arizona Camber Plates before I put the car back on the road this Spring.

Do I just remove the rubber top mount and bearing and fit the piston rod into the spherical camber plate bearing. This will lower the car but I can compensate by raising my bottom spring platform.

Then my strut brace will not fit. It currently mounts on the three standard bearing bolts. How have others overcome this?

i mite be a bit late but have you already fitted them??? as my mate is a cnc machinist and i would like to know some dimensions please as i was thinking of buying them, have you used the arizona z car coilovers aswell??? thanks mark

johnymd

Club Member
The spherical bearing is either sized to suit the damper or comes with a bush to adapt it for other makes of damper. You could get a bush made up to suit from ali pretty easy.

PS. I've a new set of these plates for sale. Sorry for hijack.