first 240z

alexHxC

Well-Known Forum User
here she is after shifting loads of poop off the top of it which i might add has left a few dirty dents in the roof! good times

SDC10008.jpg

thought id try a vid of it coming out for the first time in a decade

flushed out the tank and oil popped on a new filter and battery. tires are shot but not reli important.

then popped it on a trailer to the unit so i can start work!

heres what happend shortly after getting it out the garage!

SDC10063.jpg

hose jus disintegrated with the heat! 30 yr old hoses ftw!

right to the propper pics. few of the interior

SDC10021.jpg

SDC10074.jpg

SDC10069.jpg

SDC10024.jpg

SDC10011.jpg

SDC10012.jpg

some classic 1980s bodges

SDC10010.jpg

SDC10026.jpg

gen miles though!

SDC10071.jpg

engine

SDC10053.jpg

SDC10058.jpg

rest of the car

SDC10017.jpg

SDC10015.jpg

SDC10020.jpg

SDC10043.jpg

SDC10078.jpg

SDC10079.jpg

SDC10036.jpg

thers ment to be a seam from the wing to the light pods but the guy who did the dire paint thought it was cool to jus fill over it
SDC10032.jpg

SDC10033.jpg

10 coats of lacquer?

SDC10035.jpg

SDC10034.jpg

ment to be black lol

need to decide between either original orange or black for the colour atm any ideas pics?

havin a rotisserie made to save my back haha.

thats ya lot. for now

rallymanDP

Well-Known Forum User
It's a LOT better than many 240Z so-called 'Restoration Cases' that I've seen !

Most of them are really just Basket Cases, but yours is definately Restoreable, judging by the pics.

MJP's the man for all the repair panels you will need.

samuri-240

Well-Known Forum User
thers ment to be a seam from the wing to the light pods but the guy who did the dire paint thought it was cool to jus fill over it

Don't tell Sean :devil:

need to decide between either original orange or black for the colour atm any ideas pics?

Both colours suit the 240 very well, its your choice at the end of the day !!!! Pmac & myself helped Rahail choose the colour for his car we decided on orange so he had it painted white :lol:

samuri-240

Well-Known Forum User
Hope this isn't going to be another "colour" thread :D

Go grey ;)

Go dark met blue :D Looks quite a sold car in the pics, by the way what is the milage can't make it out in the pic, have you owned the car for 10 years or longer than that.

alexHxC

Well-Known Forum User
haha its going black lads! im hoping on some works vx wheels colour coded to the interior which im planning to be either dark beige or brown. undecided yet but well thats a decision to be made when the time comes.

the mileage is 51k been sat in a garage for the best part of 20 years i recon

Russ

Club Member
Woah so envious of you, looks like the start of a very cool project!!

Black is the most badass, but the hardest to keep clean, I'd go silver ;)

surreyseagull

Well-Known Forum User
i like the lime yellow green ive seen on saabs..not sure if it would work on a z though. certainly black makes it look very mean.nice one

tel240z

Club Member
Well Alex seeing as you work in a bodyshop i suppose black wont be to difficult for you, i suspect most bodyshops would cringe at painting a 36 year old car in black, has to be said though your 240 looks in a good way, ideal project material

alexHxC

Well-Known Forum User
Well Alex seeing as you work in a bodyshop i suppose black wont be to difficult for you, i suspect most bodyshops would cringe at painting a 36 year old car in black, has to be said though your 240 looks in a good way, ideal project material

haha whys that dude?

JakTheRuby

Club Member
Black with a tan or light tan leather inner would look great, especially if the windows were darker. Shite, this is turning into a colour thread. Anyway, it's good to see another 240 in the club.

moggy240

Insurance Valuations Officer
Staff member
Club Member

call me a chicken but i would ,it would have to be prepared to a very high standard and a black car is a pain to keep clean,if it was me i would paint it orange again,
shame really as black is the best colour to paint

i have not seen the pictures of the car as my computer is slow due to using a dongle and not able to pick up 3g so it cannot cope with all the pictures listed in this thread

samuri-240

Well-Known Forum User
Black does look fab on a car with perfect bodywork, my cousin has a custom built paint shop where he undertakes some serious projects including painting Air Ambulances, I remember many many years ago he had 3.0 JPS capri & he said then he would never have another black car, he has had several black cars since & even today his van & his car are black !!!!! It maybe that years ago black was a bad colour to have, but with todays paint techno & the polishes available its not so bad, must say Growler is one of my most favourite looking 240z's of all time, I remember when Glen Valentine brought it out for the first time I loved it, it looked so mean. So black it is then, or maybe orange, silver, blue, white, etc !!!!! Stick wth black it will be gorgeous.

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User

Don't tell Sean :devil:

I'm watching mate....and for info - it is cool ! Don't tell me that one must have the seam because it was original ? What about those flares you're gonna wear with a black suit and brown tank top and mathcing wide lapel shirt.......sounds like you got caught in the '70s ! Gold wheels........yuk ! :eek:

Orange, black arches, black interior, black wheels perhaps.:thumbs:

What about the webasto ? Keeping it or not ? What about the mechanics ? Standard or ........?

samuri-240

Well-Known Forum User
I'm watching mate....and for info - it is cool ! Don't tell me that one must have the seam because it was original ? What about those flares you're gonna wear with a black suit and brown tank top and mathcing wide lapel shirt.......sounds like you got caught in the '70s ! Gold wheels........yuk ! :eek:

Orange, black arches, black interior, black wheels perhaps.:thumbs:

What about the webasto ? Keeping it or not ? What about the mechanics ? Standard or ........?

He he he :D took you long enough to find that about the blended headlamp cowls matey, there is no way I am knocking your car Sean, when I first saw it at Dave's when it had just been painted it did not float my boat at all, but as time has gone by I love it (I am NOT joking) it has grown on me big style :bow: would be happy to take it off your hands if the price was right (second thoughts I,ll dig it up once you've been buried in it) :eek: Gold wheel are a definate no no, webasto MUST be retained :eek:.

JakTheRuby

Club Member
Normally I'd agree on the gold wheels front but on a black car with maybe black or chrome split rims it would look superb (then again, it could look poop...). I know it's not the same thing as it's 15 odd years difference but MattDaKav's black Z with gold telephone dials looks awesome. Let's see how it looks when he's done it. At the end of the day, he's gonna be the bad-ass driving it!