Finding my dream

Jordan 240z

Forum User
Hey guys,

I am trying to fulfill a dream here, and all i am looking for is a RHD 240z shell or rolling shell.

Now ino there are probably a couple people looking but i was wondering does anyone have any tricks up there sleeve for finding these i hear stories of barn find and stuff but where do they hear about it ?

Any help would be great and if anyone knows someone who wants rid of a prject they just cant finish let me know again jist a rilling shell or shell (extra parts are always welcome)

Thanks guys
Btw uust joined the forum to!
UK based if possible

johnymd

Club Member
I guess the first question is always what's your budget? Barn finds are not usually advertised but if they are then the person selling would normally want all the profit of finding it. The big problem with cars that have been sitting for a long time is that they require a lot of work to get them back on the road. Usually far more money spent on them than they are worth. Not a problem if its a 250gto and you don't mind spending a couple of hundred thousand on your restoration but RHD 240z's that have been sitting for many years are often beyond repair due to rust. The rotten ones I have seen that go for well over £10k are IMO money pits. Unfortunately LHD cars have risen in value over the last few years so are not that cheap either. Still IMO the better option and you could pick up a solid rolling shell for around £10k or one that drives for £12-£15k. It will still need work but should be something you can enjoy as a rolling restoration/refresh. Most of the rust free, MOTed, UK registered LHD cars I've sold have been around the £10k mark but with prices going up it may be hard to refresh a car this price now.