Factory build cards

superdry

Club Member
73BCECA1-9316-4CFB-95BE-BB0DAB4BEE6D.jpeg 3BA55AB1-F8A8-44D6-8C5A-DB6716C7FEA4.jpeg 7D12301F-19F5-4F45-9320-E6313E64EB13.jpeg 4CF9BD10-5917-4258-AC6D-99F27261B954.jpeg E0EA9581-D20F-4996-BAAB-E486CB958C7C.jpeg Hi,
Just posting this as it may be of some interest to people. I think it might be quite rare to have these.
The first picture is made of thick paper & the other two are thin paper so I had to pencil over the text.
Other than the basic information I can’t understand the rest.
Hopefully someone can make out some useful information about my car 260z RS30-000367
Cheers, Michael

Reactions: Ped

Albrecht

Well-Known Forum User

Thanks for posting these. I love this kind of thing.

OK, talking specifically about the sheet numbered '5', here's what I have written previously elsewhere about the same sheet:

It's not a 'Build Sheet'. I think it is better described as part of the quality control process inside Nissan Shatai's Hiratsuka plant.

It is titled 'Sharyo Kanri Hyo 5'. Rough equivalents in English - in my opinion - would be:

'Sharyo' = Car / body.

'Kanri' = Control / Management.

'Hyo' = Sheet / Document.

The number 5 indicates that there were likely at least 4 other forms in the QC / post-production process, or several different levels and methods of check for the car to go through before it was released from the QC process.

Some of the headings along the top line read 'Car Type', 'Version', 'Paint Colour', 'Engine No.', 'Chassis No.', 'Serial No.', 'Month / Day', 'Location', 'Repair Location / Relocation'.

Notes on the bottom right of the form read as instructions / directions, and include classes such as 'Repair completed', 'Ready for delivery', 'Keep aside / store' / 'Port use', 'NG ( no good ) treatment / Reject'. I guess that the inspector would choose one of these classifications to decide the next movement for the car.

Final note on the very bottom right indicates that this is a triplicate form, and where the three different copies are to be filed. Top line reads 'Office Issue'.

Albrecht

Well-Known Forum User
So Michael, is you car's chassis number 'RS30-000367'?

Really nice to see the full model code 'RS30QU' on there, indicating a UK market 2-seater '260Z' variant.

Albrecht

Well-Known Forum User
Form number 3 is titled 'Toku Shutsu Sho' (my rough translation: 'Special Form'), and includes spaces for the body colour, engine number, chassis number, buyer, serial number etc.

It also has sections on the left for 'Transfer', 'Progress', month and day (looks like '11-23' would be 23rd November) and who is responsible for the vehicle at that point (I would think this is the person moving/loading it).

There's a signature in blue ballpoint, but difficult to read it.

superdry

Club Member
Thanks great to find out more information i have had the car 10 years this year only one owner before me. car is RS30-000367
JKK459N would that be 23/11/73 as Nissan japan sent me a latter with just saying it was made in 1973

8658kv

Club Member
Thanks great to find out more information i have had the car 10 years this year only one owner before me. car is RS30-000367
JKK459N would that be 23/11/73 as Nissan japan sent me a latter with just saying it was made in 1973
Hi Michael

The information when the car came in to the UK.

Chassis number. RS30-000367
Engine number, L26-045634
Colour Code. 307 (met blue ).
Consignment year. 1974

As Albrecht has already said in the headings at the top.

Steve

Dale

Club Member
That’s amazing to see and very interesting.

So the original paint codes are stored on file somewhere then Steve? I suspect mine was originally 307 as well from what I can seen behind the dash. I’ve often considered putting it back to its original colour the next time it gets painted.