F1 Competition 2011

Dale

Club Member
F1 Competition 2012

The deadline for the first race in Australia is in.......

[countdown=03/15/2012 0:00 AM;The first deadline has passed, be quick....]Count down:[/countdown]

Last edited by a moderator:

Dale

Club Member
f1brazil.jpg

The Rules.

There are some rule changes (in red) this year which will hopefully make it a little more interesting.

1. As the top ten drivers score points, we are now to predict the top ten instead of the top eight. It will be difficult to predict these last few spots as you will have already picked the four top teams' drivers :p, so this should make it more interesting.

2. You will score 5 points for predicting the driver in the correct placing, and you will score 2 points for predicting a driver in the top ten but in the incorrect placing.

3. There will be an additional 3 points for predicting the pole sitter.

4. There will also be an additional 3 points for predicting the driver of the fastest lap of the main race.

5. The deadline for your prediction is midnight on the wednesday before. Any late predictions but within 24 hours will incur a 5 point penalty. Any prediction made later than that will score a maximum of 10 point less than the lowest 'scoring' prediction made that week. No prediction = no score.

Prizes.

There will be a trophy for the top three places at the end of the season, and a prize of some official F1 merchandise for the eventual 'World Champion'! There will also be some small prizes randomly throughout the season, so keep yourself involved ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Arkwright

Inactive
Crikey Dale I have enough trouble with a list of 8 names!

The Club shop will give you trophies for 1,2,&3 at the end of the season.

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
I'm in as it would be rude not to
Being a senile old sod wondering if the predicting the fasted lap is
a) The actual Time of the Fasted lap
b) The number of the lap that the fasted lap was set on
c) The name of the driver who sets the fasted lap

renatuZ

Active Forum User
I will have a bash, although I have not got a flaming clue what to do or how it works. I will have to seek advice!

Although at this rate I have my doubts about Bahrain taking place!

Dale

Club Member
I'm in as it would be rude not to
Being a senile old sod wondering if the predicting the fasted lap is
a) The actual Time of the Fasted lap
b) The number of the lap that the fasted lap was set on
c) The name of the driver who sets the fasted lap

Sorry Steve, it's for the driver of the fastest lap. I've amended it.

andy

Well-Known Forum User
Twas only joking
Just had a thought can anyone design a blank prediction form that could be copied and then filled in

I could install a plugin that enables post templates - basically you can select a predefined message when posting. You could then just fill in the names as you wish :)

Cheers,

Andy

rsj

F1 Champ!
Club Member
Thanks to Dale for stepping in and giving the comp a spring clean! :bow:
I'm in for the comp - as others have said.. it would be rude not to! :driving:
Is there a wooden spoon prize too? I need to have something to aim for :lol:
.... and I cant afford another Zed at present as annual holidays to Oz soak up any spare cash so save you breath Dale!! :p

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
The new format and rules look great Dale :thumbs:

Rob (RSJ) good to hear from you again - and thanks for your membership subs. That'll teach you not to cancel your SO :lol:

rsj

F1 Champ!
Club Member
The new format and rules look great Dale :thumbs:

Rob (RSJ) good to hear from you again - and thanks for your membership subs. That'll teach you not to cancel your SO :lol:

Rob - the subs are worth every penny & I've told my bank manager that if the SO is not paid I'll take my overdraft elsewhere! :smash:

Looks like the threat has worked as I got my 2011 calendar yesterday :thumbs:

Dale

Club Member
I little 'bump' for anyone who missed the thread, and a reminder the first deadline is not far away now (midnight 23rd). :driving: