F1 2009 Competition

rsj

F1 Champ!
Club Member
:lol:It's that time of year and I was wondering if anyone was wanting to do the F1 cometition again this year.:driving:
I am happy to run it along the same lines as before :rofl: so please post up & let's see how many are interested.:cheers:

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
So what do peeps think about the rule changes announced today? Might spice things up a bit but it could spoil the end of season if there is an early champion. During the season there will be two scoring systems to keep an eye on 'winners' and 'points'.

Should we alter our system to award more points to the race winner?

rsj

F1 Champ!
Club Member
I think the changes may spice things up but could equally dumb things down. The points system at least rewarded the top 8 teams and gave them something to aim for. The new "most wins" will only favour the top 3 teams! :driving:
As for the comp - I would suggest we keep the points as last year :smash:

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
The F1 guys are sticking to the points system for this year now, not the most wins!

Rules were broken trying to bring the change in too soon.:smash:

Last edited by a moderator:

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
Are these the basic rules for any newcomers and did we have a prediction for the overall champion and the winning manufacturer

The basic rules are you try and predict the order in which the drivers finish up to the eighth place

For each driver who finishes in the place you predict correctly you get 5 points,
For any driver that finishes in the top eight but not in the place you predicted you get 2 point
For any driver who you predict will to finish in the top eight and fails you get no points
Ie 5 points awarded to a correct forecasted position and 1 point for placing a driver in the top eight but in the wrong order!

If you placed 4 in the correct position and two in the wrong position you would score 24 points

These points are totalled up through the year and the one with the most points wins

All forecasts to be posted on the Z Club site and all before midnight (UK time) on the Wednesday before each race - NO EXCEPTIONS and if you miss the deadline you score no points for that round

Any changes in finishing positions due to team appeals/stewards'/FIAs' decisions etc will be corrected when those changes are applied !

Last edited by a moderator:

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
Drivers and teams for 2009 ( I hope)

Lewis HAMILTON McLaren
Heikki KOVALEINEN McLaren
Felipe MASSA Ferrari
Kimi RAIKKONEN Ferrari
Robert KUBICA BMW
Nick HEIDFELD BMW
Jarno TRULLI Toyota
Timo GLOCK Toyota
Nico ROSBERG Williams
Kazuki NAKAJIMA Williams
Jenson BUTTON BrawnGP
Rubens BARRICHELLO BrawnGP
Fernando ALONSO Renault
Nelson PIQUET Jr Renault
Sebastian VETTEL RedBull
Mark WEBBER RedBull
Giancarlo FISICHELLA ForceIndia
Adrian SUTIL ForceIndia
Sébastien BOURDAIS ToroRosso
Sébastien BUEMI ToroRosso

Dale

Club Member
It's 'two' points for top eight but incorrect position Steve.

And maybe a prediction for Championship driver and winning team before the season kicks off, incase of a tiebreak at the end?

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
2009 Formula 1 calendar

March 29 Australia
April 5 Malaysia
April 19 China
April 26 Bahrain
May 10 Spain
May 24 Monaco
June 7 Turkey
June 21 Great Britain
July 12 Germany
July 26 Hungary
Aug 23 Europe (Valencia)
Aug 30 Belgium
Sept 13 Italy
Sept 27 Singapore
Oct 4 Japan
Oct 18 Brazil
Nov 1 Abu Dhabi*
* subject to circuit approval

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
It's 'two' points for top eight but incorrect position Steve.

And maybe a prediction for Championship driver and winning team before the season kicks off, incase of a tie-break at the end?

Thanks Dale I have edited the points total to two

Wouldn't it be better to have a count back if there was a tie ie the person who predicts the most first placed driver wins? and if that was tied then go to the most placed second driver

Dale

Club Member
Or for a proper tiebreak type of question, 'how many total points will the fourth place driver in the final standings have?' :D

rsj

F1 Champ!
Club Member
Thanks Steve for the outline, but it left out one most important point....:smash:

My decision is final! :lol:

.. and so to Melbourne:

Hamilton
Alonso
Massa
Raikonnen
Heidfeld
Kovalainen
Rosberg
Glock

Team Winners for season will be McLaren :thumbs:
4th Driver in Championship will have 64 points :confused:

Let battle commence!!

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Melbourne:

Raikkonen
Kubica
Hamilton
Alonso
Rosberg
Glock
Massa
Webber

Basically :confused:

Arkwright

Inactive
PRIZE
The Club Shop will put up a prize to the overall winner of a voucher to be spent in the shop to the value of £1 for each Club Member (paid up) who participates in at least half of the events. So if at least 20 members participate in half of the events over the season the winner will get a voucher for £20.00:thumbs:

Dale

Club Member
Well let's hope the 'more overtaking' ideas work. "KITT, turbo boost, now!" :D

1. Alonso
2. Hamilton
3. Räikkönen
4. Kubica
5. Vettel
6. Kovalainen
7. Heidfeld
8. Button

Oh, and nice gesture Derek. What can I get for six pounds then? :p