events update failed

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
I tried to send out first proper news/events update during the last few days but although followed the same process as the test mail that was sent out last week this time it failed completely

It kept telling me that one mail address was invalid and closed down, opened it up found the address took it of the list and tried to send again, same thing but different address, after doing the same thing six more times. Gave up and passed on to Russ to try and find easier way of doing the mass mail

Russ

Club Member
I had a minor nightmare with it too, it was just trashing my outlook. So Friday I put my new computer together (powerful enough to launch rockets) and hoped that would do it, didn't get it done in time for the weekend but I'm trying again now (minus last weekends event, sorry).

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
I got my events update this morning sent by 'noreply@zclub etc....'

Great idea - who's responsible for sending it out from now on ? Suzy ?

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
russ seems to have found out how to do it
don't know how many times he tried after me but I have now had the update 3 times
not sure who will take on the role yet but the important thing is we now can do it

Russ

Club Member
Yeh, it was meant to come from newsfrom@zclub.net, but I had a slight mishap and by the time I had perfected my technique it was midnight.

Did the image work ok for everyone?

DJZ 60

Well-Known Forum User
I never get anything. No mass mail,No Image,s to look at, nothing to eat, or drink, I just might get some 'wedding Cake' though but then again the French post system is restricted to the Maginot line........Moral of this Story....Don't worry Steve, It,ll work eventually.Relax & look forward to shiny pig from Groll's .Talking of 'shiny' What happened to your shiny 'Carol Smilies?..DJZ 60.

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
never got an image either
DJZ 60 and john-boy we will find out how your missed of the mail list

DJZ a smilie just for you
music-smiley-014.gif

and john-boy one for you
animal-smiley-044.gif

grolls

Well-Known Forum User
i didna get mine either!!!
would i want it?

dont know what your trying to send.
oh piggies done !!!!!!!:D

DJZ 60

Well-Known Forum User
Thank's Steve. for 'Carol Smiley' I'm happy & content now,Don't give Groll's one ,he's got a pig!..............DJZ 60.

Russ

Club Member
Hi,

You need to go into the control panel and set it, I am gonna have a look through the code and make sure we are generating the list correctly, also I received 45 dead e-mails so I'm gonna go trim the membership if they haven't posted before.

Anyway do the opposite of this

How to unsubscribe from this mailing list
When you registered with the Z Club forum you opted in to receive e-mails from forum Administrators and Moderators. This can be easily turned on and off by visiting your User CP at http://www.zclub.net. Go to Options and set Allow Bulletin Board Administrators and Moderators To Send You Email Notices? to No, then click Submit Modifications at the bottom of the page.

Click this link to go straight there. http://www.zclub.net/forum/member.php?s=&action=editoptions

There should have been an image at the top of the mail, its this

http://www.zclub.net/forum/images/clubmininews.gif

If you're using Outlook you may need to right click where the image would be and download it, its an outlook anti spam thingy.

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
hi russ apear to have a problem with people with hotmail
know of at least 5 that havn,t received mass mail
think it may have something to do with hotmail not allow email through with lots of addresses on them

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
I would also add that my old email address has received (unwanted) club mail so perhaps the programme isn't filtering correctly - after all, only my new email address is listed !

grolls

Well-Known Forum User
just a thought my spam catcher/junk e mail catches all the z stuff........trying to adjust it wiv an ammer !!!!!!:D