Euro Road Trip Complete

zman240uk

Club Member
Just returned from a 6 day, 2263 mile road trip in the 350Z, travelling through France, Italy and Switzerland.
Visited some wonderful places and experienced some sublime roads.
Driving highlights were the southern half of the Route Napoleon in France and Stelvio Pass to Davos in Italy/Switzerland.
A long way to travel but the roads alone made the trip worthwhile. If you get the chance do it. You will not regret it! :driving:

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Sounds like something I'd enjoy in my 370 (240 is now a bit 'raw' for long distance) unless I'm on my way to Le Mans:thumbs: .

I've always wanted to do some of the Monte routes in my 240 but I can't get 'her indoors' interested in driving holidays. She doesn't drive and says we spend too long in a car. We went on holiday to Corsica once to watch the WRC (last one in which Burns, McRae took part). She thought it would be relaxing :rofl:!

Worked out your fuel bill yet?

See any other Nissans on-route?

Last edited by a moderator:

zman240uk

Club Member
Total fuel bill was around £600, but that did include a lot of 'spirited' off motorway driving:devil:.
Only two Zeds spotted during the entire trip, both 350z's.
You could always fly drive from somewhere like Nice? Col du Turini and Route Napoleon are both very close by.

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Rob - you need to speak with Eric (orange 260Z at LMClassic) who has returned to live in France at Menton (look it up) - he's already spoken of organising a Monté route outing on our forum.

Route Napoleon - wonderful stuff - did it back in '91 and before that in '78.....christ I'm old !

moggy240

Insurance Valuations Officer
Staff member
Club Member
wow !!!!!!!! thats a road trip.i hope you not end up with numb bum after all that driving

zman240uk

Club Member
Rob - you need to speak with Eric (orange 260Z at LMClassic) who has returned to live in France at Menton (look it up) - he's already spoken of organising a Monté route outing on our forum.

Route Napoleon - wonderful stuff - did it back in '91 and before that in '78.....christ I'm old !
We stayed in a great hotel in Menton on our trip. Fab place just along the coast from Monaco. Lucky man to be living in that part of the world.

Buckaroo Banzai

Well-Known Forum User
Just returned from a 6 day, 2263 mile road trip in the 350Z, travelling through France, Italy and Switzerland.
Visited some wonderful places and experienced some sublime roads.
Driving highlights were the southern half of the Route Napoleon in France and Stelvio Pass to Davos in Italy/Switzerland.
A long way to travel but the roads alone made the trip worthwhile. If you get the chance do it. You will not regret it! :driving:
Great stuff, :bow: you picked the perfect time of year as the weathers been good and the passes should have been quiet, Had Stelvio gone quiet by now?? cause it can be packed in the Summer months and pointless going there.

zman240uk

Club Member
Great stuff, :bow: you picked the perfect time of year as the weathers been good and the passes should have been quiet, Had Stelvio gone quiet by now?? cause it can be packed in the Summer months and pointless going there.
Stelvio was pretty clear. Got in a convoy with a load of Triumphs on the way up the south side, but we were all having fun and they let me pass them. Top of the pass was busy with bikers and lots of old Triumphs.
We started the run down the north side around 5pm and it was very quiet. Had a lot of fun from there and the drive to Davos. :D