Error message when uploading pics

Mr.G

Club Member
I keep getting this error message when i try to upload an image into my gallery.

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 50331648 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 14592 bytes) in /home/zclutnet/public_html/gallery/image-inc.php on line 84

Any ideas ?

Russ

Club Member
I will try and turn the memory limit up when I can find the details but for now it'll probably work if you resize it yes :)

Cheers, sorry for inconvenience

Mr.G

Club Member
Russ, i've reduced the two images to 229 and 220kb but still get the same error message.

Not urgent matey.

Mr.G

Club Member
It's still doing it Russ, what's the max size i need to keep them too to use this feature?

Mr.G

Club Member
Hey Russ,

still not working for me.

When I do not resize the photos it just refreshes after a while and takes me to the upload page again but everything has been reset.

I have even resized my pics and now get this error message again:

"Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 50331648 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 14592 bytes) in /home/zclutnet/public_html/gallery/image-inc.php on line 84
"

Also tried with one pic which was only 1.39MB and got the above message.

:confused:

JakTheRuby

Club Member
I've never tried uploading directly to the site but if you wanted to get them online George, you could always use 'photobucket'. It's free to set up an account and you don't get any spam from it. I know it's not fixing this problem but it is a free solution to it (plus it's very easy to use the pics for other sites and it has some cool editing tools too, like resizing, cropping, colouring etc).

Mr.G

Club Member
Thanks Jak.

I've got a picturetrail account that I can use, I'll stick em on there. :)

Does have me flumuxed as to why the gallery doesnt work, even when reduced in size significantly. Odd since the options state unlimited file size. :confused:

andy

Well-Known Forum User
Still get that error message :beatdeadhorse::smash:

Russ, what's occuring with my account good Sir?

It's not just your account, its happening with everyone and has been since early January. There's big issues with the gallery but since we're now working towards getting the new forum software live, its not worth wasting any more time trying to fix anything. Hopefully we will have it all ironed out soon and you guys will all have a nice fresh site to play with, with lots of extra features :) The old stuff will still be there though so don't worry about that :)

Mr.G

Club Member
Thanks Andy, I wasn't aware other people were experiencing the same issue for uploading photos, good that it's not just me then ;)

I agree, not worth playing around with if new software is coming, when is that happening then?

andy

Well-Known Forum User
We've just got the test site up and running so need to spend some time making everything work properly. Hopefully won't be too long :)

andy

Well-Known Forum User
Right, can people check they can now upload to the gallery please? I think I've fixed it :)

Aceman

Well-Known Forum User
Added some pics of my 240 - works fine for me (but they were only around 350k each)..

andy

Well-Known Forum User
Fully sorted now - it was working but passing through the wrong date but finally sorted that too :D New images will now show on the front page since they're not showing as being uploaded on 31st December 1999 :lol: