engine issues

Trott

Active Forum User
i recently brought my 350 z and all as been well for the last 400.miles ,
the other day i went to get some paint only local and noticed oil pressure
was low so headed home and thought to pick the wife up from work down
the road as coming pack up the street i suddenly had a strong burning smell
and car started running lumpy . when i got home i put oil in the engine and
the pressure as gone up to nearly 90 [see photo } and rises to nearly 120 as i rev is this normal
on the issue of running lumpy i have changed all the plugs and its still the same
i think its on the left bank of plugs could this be a coil back with the smell proceding
it running lumpy any help really appreciated20180906_164336.jpg

Last edited:

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Can't help with the lumpy running but what I would add is that the early 350s have a ridiculous dipstick. It's really hard to get an accurate reading, I'm sure lots of these run with low oil because you can get a false reading by oil contacting the dipstick as you pull it out.

Trott

Active Forum User
Can't help with the lumpy running but what I would add is that the early 350s have a ridiculous dipstick. It's really hard to get an accurate reading, I'm sure lots of these run with low oil because you can get a false reading by oil contacting the dipstick as you pull it out.
Cheers for the advise m8

Trott

Active Forum User
Quick up date i was right m8 coil pack and oil as settled after running