Engine, gearbox, suspension bits and others for sale | The Z Club of Great Britain
  1. The Z Club relies on the support of it's paid members - join the club or renew your membership here.

Engine, gearbox, suspension bits and others for sale

Discussion in 'Parts and Other Items for Sale' started by Wally, Jun 14, 2020.

1. Wally

Wally
    Z Club Member

Time to have a clear out as I seem to be hoarding parts just for the sake of it when I know I'm not going to be using them. All parts are from a 71 LHD 240z from california. All priced as collected but I can arrange postage for cost as required. If you require anymore pictures of specific items let me know.

L24 engine and 4 speed gearbox. £300
    I've never attempted to start the engine as it was removed as soon as I got the car. Engine spins freely by hand but I would definitely rebuild it. Gearbox appears to slot into all gears. I've loads of other bits for the engine which will come with it, carbs, exhaust manifold, nearly new dizzy cap and leads.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Various suspension components, crossmember, steering rack and diff. Make me an offer on any parts you want.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Dashboard with loom. £250
    The usual sun baked cracks in the dash which require repair but the rest of it looks in good condition.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bonnet release mechanism, cable and pull. £50
    [​IMG]

Front grill in good condition. £75
    [​IMG]

Bonnet. £100
    Looks to be in reasonable condition. Will require a bit of work on the corners.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. franky

franky Well-Known Forum User

list the carbs on their own, you're likely to sell those easier.

AliK likes this.
  3. Wally

Wally
    Z Club Member

Cheers for the heads up franky. I'll let them go with the engine initially but if it's not selling I'll list them seperately.

4. SeanDezart

SeanDezart
    Z Club Member
    Official Trader

I'm up for the grill please with UK postage.

5. Wally

Wally
    Z Club Member

Somebody is already interested. I'll let them have first refusal but if they don't want it then it's all yours Sean. I'll let you know.

6. SeanDezart

SeanDezart
    Z Club Member
    Official Trader

Ok Wally - I'm not 'interested' - I want to buy it - no messing.

7. Wally

Wally
    Z Club Member

Sorry Sean but the grill is now sold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. SeanDezart

SeanDezart
    Z Club Member
    Official Trader

No probs, thx - good for you.

9. IbanezDan51

IbanezDan51
    Z Club Member

Darn I needed that grill desperately!

SeanDezart likes this.
  10. Wally

Wally
    Z Club Member

Propshaft and gearbox mount sold pending collection.

11. Wally

Wally
    Z Club Member

Brake shields, bonnet pull, crossmember and grill all sold.

I'm surprised nobody wants the engine to play with. If nobody wants it in the next week I'll throw it on eBay.

Pictures of the carbs if anyone is wanting to buy them seperately. Both in the same sort of condition.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'm also adding both seats, lhd heater and fan assemblies and pedal box to the for sale list. I love the look of the datsun seats but I'm definitely going to want something that will hold me in place more securely.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'd love to buy these if enough parts go.....
    [​IMG]

Mr Ex Jnr and bigh like this.
  12. Wally

Wally
    Z Club Member

Last chance to grab anything you need before it goes on eBay. I'd rather stuff go to club members and keep their cars going.

13. Rob Gaskin

Rob Gaskin Treasurer Staff Member Moderator

Those old seats are a type I've not seen before. Do they pivot around that wheel instead of at the base?

14. Wally

Wally
    Z Club Member

Yes they pivot there from what I can tell. Not really played with it if I'm honest.