Electrical parts

Mr.F

Inactive
Fresh in today:

SOLD S30 starter motor, new refurb., nice and shiny. Normally £75 + VAT - this one £60 cash collect or ship + £10.

SOLD S130 / 280ZX alternator, new refurb. with adapter plug and instruction sheet to convert S30 to internally regulated alternator. Normally £159.95 + VAT - cash collect for £100 or ship + £10.

No card payments on these items!

Call 01277 374201 to discuss.

Last edited by a moderator:

anthon51

Well-Known Forum User
Hi Mike.Tony bates here again seeking help about the distributer. It seems that when I put on the rotor arm and turn the engine over I can see the rotor arm spin ok but when I lift the rotor arm off the cam does not seem to have moved at all therefore prventing me to set my points gap. I have pushed the car backwards and forwards and even tried to turn the engine by hand by gripping the alternater and engine pulley and struggled that way without any joy.. Does the distibuter cam ever become jammed and if so is there a repair kit or do I have to replace the whole unit. Kind regards. Tony.

Mr.F

Inactive
If the rotor goes round the cam part of the distributor must be turning surely - they are joined together...
Remove the distributor from the engine when at TDC and check the position of the distributor dog drive (a recent post shows a picture of what you should see. Make sur ethat the dog rotates with engine rotation.
Set back to the TDC position.
While on the bench you can check integrity of the distributor shaft and verify that r=the cam rotates OK.

anthon51

Well-Known Forum User
Ok Mike.Thanks for that I will do as you suggest. Hopefully it is something or nothing.Will get back to you .Tony.

anthon51

Well-Known Forum User
Hi again Mike.Through your wisdom and my ignorance of all things mechanical and electrical in the automotive industry instead of removing the distributer it suddenly crossed my mind out of some far off distant planet "thats because that is where I feel sometimes when my head does not engage the right gear"., I decided to put with a marker pen three marks on the distibutor and the cam and the plate. I spun the engine again and behold I discovered that the cam is moving in line with the system it is supposed to move with. When I left school in 1955 I was as thick as two short planks,and then some, and I swear that condition has never left me during the whole of my life but sometimes," very rarely I might add", I seem to have a flash of inspiration that must come from somewhere else so I believe we are not alone in this universe. I am very grateful to you for all the help and advice you give and without it I would not have had a feeling of light headedness that I needed so much.You made me think sideways and solved my problem. Kind regards.Tony.