Ebay v. Mr F.

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
I recently bought some parts off Mike and as it would happen, I saw the same part for the same application on Ebay. It was advertised as a bargain, price reduced but Mike was still less expensive, his postage too AND I was assured of course that it was the right part !

Lesson is to consult with Mike first instead of impulse bargain buying off Ebay.:thumbs:

twoforty

Well-Known Forum User
I hardly buy anything off ebay anymore, they charge so much in fees that sellers can't compete, plus the added late delivery, bad communication and problems sending things back etc It's just not worth it.

rhanagar

Well-Known Forum User
Totally agree Sean ... though in another post I think anyone would find it difficult to match. Sometimes Ebay just throws up an absolute bargain, but you have to be there at the right time. Either way for more reliability go to Mr.F to get exactly what you want and usually quicker.

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Can't fault Mr F :thumbs:

I did win a pair of 350Z seats on ebay for £43, paid, contacted the seller (who hadn't been watching ebay at time of sale) and he asked me what they went for. When I told him he went quiet however I arranged to call him the next day to collect - no reply!!!

Tried in vain about a dozen times, used other phones and when he knew it was me he hung-up! Fortunately PayPal got my money back.

However ebay is a fantastic media for finding or selling items but you have to be careful and bid low assuming the item may be not as good as advertised.

Perhaps Mr F ought to sell on ebay :unsure:

Mr.F

Inactive
Perhaps Mr F ought to sell on ebay

Perhaps - if the combination of eBay fees and PayPal fees didn't erode such a substantial portion from an already slender profit margin...:unsure:

At one time I had an eBay Shop - until overnight they wanted to more than double the monthly fee which was payable whether you used the facility or not.

vpulsar

Well-Known Forum User
I have to add to this because I use Mike quite a lot and he offers a fantastic service that I've been very happy to use for a lot of my parts, But I've also bought stuff myself from both eBay and direct from the states and saved myself loads of cash over some of Mikes prices, My new adjustable susp was half Mike's price delivered to my door, But I bought the new lowering springs from Mike because it was easier and I knew what I needed after I had picked Mike's brain for all his knowledge which is priceless.

I got a lot of hard to find bits and bobs from a very good eBay trader which also saved me quite a bit of cash, I think you can use many sources for parts you just need to do your research first, At the moment I've been sticking to buying my stuff from Mike because I feel if he has been good enough to help me with advice the least I can do is support his business :bow:, Unless their is a big difference it price of cause lol....

Rob

samuri-240

Well-Known Forum User
Can't fault Mr F :thumbs:

I did win a pair of 350Z seats on ebay for £43, paid, contacted the seller (who hadn't been watching ebay at time of sale) and he asked me what they went for. When I told him he went quiet however I arranged to call him the next day to collect - no reply!!!

Tried in vain about a dozen times, used other phones and when he knew it was me he hung-up! Fortunately PayPal got my money back.

However ebay is a fantastic media for finding or selling items but you have to be careful and bid low assuming the item may be not as good as advertised.

Perhaps Mr F ought to sell on ebay :unsure:

As many of you know I have been selling on ebay for quite some time now, even when an item of quite some value is sold for 99p it is sent to the winning bidder, hence my 2,700 + possitive feedback on my ebay accounts. As Mr f has pointed out selling on ebay is expensive now, might as well just put most things in the wheely bin.

Ebay tips :

1: Start your auction at a price which the item is reasonably priced or under valued it will usually either sell at that price or not get a bid
2: Put a reserve on the item this usually kills the auction
3: 99p can it go either way its a risk, this is what I always use, but have been gutted at how much certain items sold for, then again amazed at others.
4: when buying off ebay look at the ad very carefully, I have bought many items off sellers with little or no feedback & had a great deal with no problems.

Many people knock ebay but to me its a great place to be for either buying or selling. I have bought many hundreds of items off there & probably only recieved about 4 or 5 items I was not happy with. There are deffo bargains to be had on ebay if you know what you are looking for.

Nidge74

New Forum User
I buy most, if not all, of my Z parts from Mike for 3 reasons

1) He's always on the end of the phone to help with my questions and problems

2) You can't program Ebay into the SpeedDial on my phone.

3) You know you are getting the right part, even if you doubt it and have to ring with part in hand to clarify. ( :eek: )

I would also like to mention, that Mike's service is second to none, and in the 3 years or so that I have been dealing with him I have never had a problem. (other than he get's all my bonus from my paycheck), but without him my Zed would not still be on the road.

Many thanks Mr F. :thumbs:

Last edited by a moderator:

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
I would add that in over 20 years I've had one or two order problems (and this is how I judge someone) and Mike has rectified it without hesitation or cost to me.
Everyone is allowed errors (even if it wasn't his fault) - it's how those errors are recovered that count !

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Oh but I did Mr F. - you remember Helen with the 200SX ? I thought that it was respect for me that stayed your hand.....:unsure: !