Ebay "rust-free"?

Mr Tenno

Digital Officer
Staff member
Site Administrator
I think it's probably because replacing everything it's missing would cost a small fortune.

Bazzateer

Club Member
Sellers often mean rot free when they say say rust free, as they don't count light surface rust as being 'rust'. This is, of course, ignoring the word 'rust' in surface rust.

Herc34es

Club Member
Sellers often mean rot free when they say say rust free, as they don't count light surface rust as being 'rust'. This is, of course, ignoring the word 'rust' in surface rust.

That;s true! It looks like this would be a platform to build on the Z that I would like, like what to have from color to lights for example. I just feel that the price is too much

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
There is such a lot of work and part finding/buying. Are you 'up' for 5 years of that?

Albrecht

Well-Known Forum User
I think there's potential for a 'Grand Designs' style show pilot in cases like this.

"Follow the bright-eyed and bushy-tailed novice as they attempt to project manage their dream ride without knowing one end of a spanner from the other."

There's hundreds, if not thousands, of hours of work in a car like this. If you're paying a professional for those hours you'd better have a budget with a flexible contingency.

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Alan is right - 'build' up a complete car from this (imo) is madness.

Calif Con imported many cars with the intention to sell as a chassis swap - this is no exception.

Jay.

Club Member
Back hatch area has gone and some bits in the engine bay are rusty. Floor boards would need a poke but look surprisingly solid. Sadly as these cars go up in value, shells like this will be increasingly expensive.

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
I don't see that as being that much better given the impact damage on the radiator support, rust holes on the front strut mounts and kink in the frame rail/inner wing area.
Not to mention the rear lower panel and missing boot floor.

I never said it was better....but a lot less expensive, giving some more £s margin to do a good job.