Early 1976 Nissan Fairlady Z (S31) Carpet Mystery

Eric Gilligan

Well-Known Forum User
Hi All.

Back again after my dilemma of registering my car in Ireland. Its now done and the car is mostly stripped and welded up. Next bodywork and painting ( YAY )

Anyway, I am looking at carpets and there seems to an array ( or at least 4 ) differnet types of carpet. So.. since I want to choose the right one that will fit nicely I come here to ask for advice on what one I should go with.

So there is the 240/ 260 carpet ( which I thought would be for me as it would be the early 260 - something similar to what I have ) but that has the rounded transmission tunnel.

Then there is the 260z carpet which seems to have the flat topped transmission tunnel section

Anyway. I have attached some images sent from the carpet people :D Someone might be able to help me to decide.. what the differences are that I need to check for

Thanks a million

( My thoughts were the 260 carpet - not the 240/260 )

Eric

Attachments

• DATSUN 260Z PAT A645 (1).jpg
    DATSUN 260Z PAT A645 (1).jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 9
  • DATSUN 240Z 2 SEATER.JPG
    DATSUN 240Z 2 SEATER.JPG
    175.2 KB · Views: 9

johnymd

Club Member
I have bought several carpet sets from Romas and consider his carpet mat sets to be the best available. The ones I originally bought were 7 piece (2 front mats, 2 under seat mats, 2 behind seat mats and the rear cargo area mat) but the last set was only 5 piece with the under seat mats no-longer supplied. These kits are designed to go with the factory vinyl in all the other areas. The usual UK carpet kit come with carpet pieces to replace all the vinyl as well. Hence all the extra pieces.

IMO keep all the factory vinyl and buy the Romas carpet/mat sets.

Eric Gilligan

Well-Known Forum User
I have bought several carpet sets from Romas and consider his carpet mat sets to be the best available. The ones I originally bought were 7 piece (2 front mats, 2 under seat mats, 2 behind seat mats and the rear cargo area mat) but the last set was only 5 piece with the under seat mats no-longer supplied. These kits are designed to go with the factory vinyl in all the other areas. The usual UK carpet kit come with carpet pieces to replace all the vinyl as well. Hence all the extra pieces.

IMO keep all the factory vinyl and buy the Romas carpet/mat sets.
Thanks Johny. I would like to have the vinyl but sadly my car (s31) came with carpet over the trans tunnel :/ I love the vinyl but I want to keep it ( for now ) as original as possible. The carpet over the trans tunnel was the only carpet that was in the car hahaha but sadly perished :( If Romas done the same as the UK supplier then it might be an option for sure.
I would also avoid that poxy import duty to Ireland :D

Robotsan

Club Member
On the subject of Romas' carpet sets, which thickness are you guys buying? As he told me he does a thick one and a thicker one (which is more expensive), but he hasn't tried to convince me to get the thicker one & says the thinner are great! A very honest guy :)