E-Type - I'm lovin' this. :-)

uk66fastback

Club Member
I find that pretty horrendous! Some fan might buy it, I suppose. Why when the reg plate is checked does it say: 'not taxed for on road use' - I was told by the DVLA cars are either taxed or they're SORN'd, there is nothing else ... abd no in-between.

Obviously there is. But what does it mean?

toopy

Club Member
I find that pretty horrendous! Some fan might buy it, I suppose. Why when the reg plate is checked does it say: 'not taxed for on road use' - I was told by the DVLA cars are either taxed or they're SORN'd, there is nothing else ... abd no in-between.

Obviously there is. But what does it mean?

Id assume that just means it's on SORN and possibly also isn't yet registered as historic.

uk66fastback

Club Member
But cars that are SORN'd are show as just that on the DVLA site and surely its age automatically registers it as historic?

toopy

Club Member
But cars that are SORN'd are show as just that on the DVLA site and surely its age automatically registers it as historic?

Does seem a bit odd yes, I believe though you still have to register a car as historic for the free road tax, it doesn't happen automatically, whereas MOT exemption now does.

chris frizzell

Club Member
if ozzy owned this e-type it make a change from the normal e-type driver .panamar hat and stripp blazer looking down his nose at that jap crap .would be great to see someone do a radical e-type other than all the same twee british sports car .

uk66fastback

Club Member
There are plenty of radical E-Types out there - you just have to look. Some of them are just plain awful. Whether that's because they're E-Types or the owners are mentally challenged, I couldn't say.

https%3A%2F%2Fapi.thedrive.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2017%2F05%2F1.jpg%3Fquality%3D85

chris frizzell

Club Member
God dont you just love the Americans pure class not guite what i ment but close and you would look a twat in that in a panamar hat .Please send this to the e-type owner club may kill a few off to stop them ranting how great there car is even though they dont drive it

vipergts

Well-Known Forum User
if ozzy owned this e-type it make a change from the normal e-type driver .panamar hat and stripp blazer looking down his nose at that jap crap .would be great to see someone do a radical e-type other than all the same twee british sports car .
I’ve got a series 1 Etype. No Panama hat or blazer and I do also own a Z which I like ;)