Dunlop releases performance tyres in classic sizes | The Z Club of Great Britain
  1. The Z Club relies on the support of it's paid members - join the club or renew your membership here.

Dunlop releases performance tyres in classic sizes

Discussion in 'General discussion' started by franky, Mar 13, 2018.

1. franky

franky
    Z Club Member

2. Rob Gaskin

Rob Gaskin Treasurer in training Staff Member Committee Member

Interesting but sizes don't seem suitable for an S30.

3. jonbills

jonbills
    ZClub Administrator
    Staff Member Committee Member

195 & 205 70 14 seem to me suitable for s30.
    Why do you say not, Rob?

4. Rob Gaskin

They just seem very tall profile for what people buy for their Zs these days. I know what you are saying i.e. the overall diameter is not far off an original 175.80.14 but I know when I had those on my standard car they were an exception these days and I had many comments suggesting they looked awful (tall as well as narrow).

5. franky

franky
    Z Club Member

Erm... why not? They’re spot on aren’t they? Even decent width’s.

They look spot on to me!?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
  6. Huw

Huw
    Z Club Member
    Staff Member

Perfect for my 280ZX 195/ 70/ R14. But pricey at £185 a corner. Much better than the van tyres I currently have :)

7. Rob Gaskin

So what size do you reckon they are and how do you know? Yes they look fine to me too.

8. franky

franky
    Z Club Member

14x7 wheels, given the amount of profile, i'd go for a 195/70.

9. chrisvega

chrisvega
    Z Club Member

Save your money and buy a complete set of Falken 912 or 914s for the same price as one Dunlop. Fitted quite a few sets to 240Z on original 14 inch American Racing slots and they look great

Just about to replace 225/60/14s on an imported ZX with same tyres, although plenty of tread left and they passed the MOT, receipts/history show they are 30 years old so seems prudent.

10. franky

franky
    Z Club Member

11. franky

franky
    Z Club Member

I'll be going for the below initially.

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Vredestein/Sportrac-5.htm

12. Rob Gaskin

So that's a guess then?

13. Huw

Huw
    Z Club Member
    Staff Member

14. Paul_S

Paul_S
    Z Club Member

I know it's a very different car but I have Vreds on my 370Z and I rate them.

15. franky

franky
    Z Club Member

Yes Robert.

Wheels are 100% 14x7 though, looking at the wheels that was on my car, in that size, they've got more or less the same amount of profile.

16. franky

franky
    Z Club Member

Nope, however I spoke to camskill who I use to buy track tyres off, they said they're great on cars without PS as there's a bit of a curve to the shape, they also sell a lot to mx5 owners who do road and track work. That along with the reviews/tests I've found make me think its a good choice till i've a larger budget and the cars fully sorted.

I like the tread pattern also :)

17. Rob Gaskin

All I'm saying is that very few people on here will want 70 profile tyres. You produced a picture of a lovely looking 432 which you reckon is on 70s and I don't think it is, that's all. If it is then fair enough I'm wrong.

Huw is ok with them and that's fine but he is currently on van tyres.

As you know I liked my standard car on standard size wheels/tyres but I was the exception.

So are you going to fit 70s?

18. franky

franky
    Z Club Member

What would you think it is given the profile height, with a fairly narrow(modern standards) tyre. I'm going 65 or 70's. Probably 70's as when I got the car it was on them and wasn't over tyred.

What do you think the tyre sizes are on the cars above?

19. franky

franky
    Z Club Member

to compare.

Same wheels 195/60/14.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]