Don't call it a come back! | The Z Club of Great Britain
  1. The Z Club relies on the support of it's paid members - join the club or renew your membership here.

Don't call it a come back!

Discussion in 'Z31 (300ZX) General' started by MattDaKav, Apr 12, 2015.

1. MattDaKav

MattDaKav New Forum User

Hi all,

It's been a very long time since I visited the forum and WOW - the Z31 scene is practically nonexistent these days!!!

The last few years I've been off playing with an RX7, an E30, a Mk3 Golf, a string of camper vans and a few motorbikes... but I've kept my Zed dry stored knowing that I would regret parting with it. But frankly, I have too many projects on the go and I have to make some tough decisions and sell a few cars... but I love them all! :(

A friend of mine has recently revisited his love for old Nissans and got himself an R32 GTR (he had one back in the day when my Z was on the road and I we used to go to meets together), as soon as I saw it memories of my Zed came flooding back... it may have just moved from the 'to sell' list to the 'keeper' list.

... any encouragement to keep it and fix it up would be very welcome!

Current status: dusty...

[​IMG]

2. AliK

AliK
    Z Club Committee
    Committee Member

Loving the plate

3. chappo123

chappo123 New Forum User

Dust it off and get it out in the sun - sure that will put a smile on your face and help convince you to keep it. and yes - very few z31's around - gotta keep the last ones alive...!

4. AL.H

AL.H New Forum User

Hey Matt,

Is the car for sale???

5. MattDaKav

MattDaKav New Forum User

Hey,

I'm happy to say that it isn't but thanks for the interest. I just bought a VG33 for it. :)

6. Ian

Ian
    Z Club Member

Having never driven a Z31 but liking them, I'd say if you could take it for a drive you'd probably fall in love again and want to get it out, if not, then its probably time to sell.

7. MattDaKav

MattDaKav New Forum User

My VG33 arrived today. I haven't had a chance to look it over or to start figuring out what mash up of parts I want to use with it.

Pics soon.

8. moggy240

moggy240 INSURANCE VALUATIONS OFFICER Committee Member

It does sound like a come back to me:thumbs:

9. MattDaKav

MattDaKav New Forum User

The Z is finally out of that nasty garage. It has a new dry home much closer to me, so work can begin.

[​IMG]

The clutch is stuck soild at the moment so that will be job #1.

10. mrM

mrM Forum User

glad you finally got the motivation to get things moving,what are your plans,get it roadworthy then build up your vg33 on the bench to drop in?

11. Huw

Huw
    Z Club Member
    Staff Member

Good decision, it's a great car. Always kicked myself for missing out on the opportunity of getting one. No room now. Keep the updates coming :thumbs:

12. MattDaKav

MattDaKav New Forum User

Pretty much. I will get it back on the road as it is, then it will get paint and a few changes whilst the VG33 is coming together.

13. Jake RAH

Jake RAH
    Z Club Member

Nice :thumbs: I hope to see it at a show or meet at some point in the future.