Donington Historic 2021 meet any update | The Z Club of Great Britain
  1. The Z Club relies on the support of it's paid members - join the club or renew your membership here.

Donington Historic 2021 meet any update

Discussion in 'General discussion' started by STEVE BURNS, Feb 13, 2021.

1. STEVE BURNS

STEVE BURNS
    Z Club Member

Just seen that Japfest 2021 has been cancelled and wonder if I have missed any news on the Historic that is meant to be held in early May as did have a message from them that if you had purchased tickets for the 2020 event that they had been transferred to the 2021 event

donington historic 2022.jpg

2. richiep

richiep
    Z Club Member

There’s an inevitability to all of this, especially given recent noises from the govt about things like not making holiday plans for the summer, even if it’s in the form of a UK staycation. I suspect all this year’s events will be cancelled too. We will end up effectively losing two years of public events of any kind.

Mr Ex Jnr likes this.
  3. Rob Gaskin

Rob Gaskin Treasurer Staff Member Moderator

They are currently intending to run it early May. But........

4. franky

franky Well-Known Forum User

they're optimistic if nothing else. Zero chance of it happening.

richiep likes this.
  5. Jamie350z

Jamie350z
    Z Club Member

Looks like it’s going ahead

6. Rob Gaskin

Yes I've had a message to say so. No tickets can be bought on the day.

7. Jamie350z

Jamie350z
    Z Club Member

Yep, I have a season ticket and already have my stand pass

8. Rob Gaskin

Dear Car Club Organiser

The Government's announcement of the roadmap out of lockdown inevitably raised some questions about motorsport events taking place in early May, but I am delighted to confirm that it's all systems go for our event, and we are really looking forward to welcoming your club members to Donington Park on 1 & 2 May – the Donington Historic Festival’s 10th anniversary!

With spectators now confirmed and tickets back on sale today, there is still time for your members to enjoy their 50% club discount on our Early Bird ticket savings - this extra-special discount will end at 23:59 this Sunday, 14 March, after which your members can still get the 50% discount on our standard advance tickets until the car club booking deadline of 17:00 on Sunday, 25 April.

Please note, there will be no on the day ticket sales - tickets are now only available to purchase in advance.

We are aware that some of your members will have booked hotel accommodation before the Roadmap out of lockdown was announced and, of course, hotels and B&Bs are not permitted to open for leisure guests until 17 May. If this impacts on any of your members - i.e. if they are now unable to use the tickets they have booked for DHF 2021 or if they can only come on one day rather than both, please ask them to email request@msv.com to discuss a full or partial refund.

9. Huw

Huw
    Z Club Member

That’s great news, fingers crossed it actually happens.

Jamie350z likes this.
  10. jonbills

jonbills
    ZClub Administrator
    Staff Member Moderator

I'd forgotten that I've already got tickets, So thats sorted. hibernation is nearly over.

Jamie350z likes this.
  11. richiep

richiep
    Z Club Member

Just checked my MSV account and I’m already booked too. Just need to print the pass.

Now that means I might actually have to liberate my Z from its Carcoon and recommission it after 18 months!

Jamie350z, Rob Gaskin and jonbills like this.
  12. Garaculas

Garaculas
    Z Club Member

Very excited to get an email about this today! Won’t be in my Z as it’s in pieces but I’ll be sure to pop and say hi to you all :)

Jamie350z likes this.