Does anyone recognise these wheels? | The Z Club of Great Britain
  1. The Z Club relies on the support of it's paid members - join the club or renew your membership here.

Does anyone recognise these wheels?

Discussion in '240Z / 260Z / 280Z' started by AliK, May 14, 2019.

1. AliK

AliK
    Z Club Member
    Staff Member Moderator

A colleague said her classic car mad dad is clearing his garage and had these wheels.

I am told they are for a Z and in pretty good nick. Anyone know what they are? Do we think they would suit a Z?

14 x 6j 12mm offset (not sure + or -)

The markings don't give anything away.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. richiep

richiep
    Z Club Member

Those are definitely positive offset given the design. So in 14x6 with +12 they will look pretty small - all tucked in.

AliK likes this.
  3. AliK

AliK
    Z Club Member
    Staff Member Moderator

Ah! Thanks Richie.

Well, I've asked if her father has a price in mind but if anyone is interested, let me know.

4. jonbills

jonbills
    ZClub Administrator
    Staff Member Moderator

Looks familiar. They're 100+ Octavo.
    IMG_3181.jpg

richiep and AliK like this.
  5. AliK

AliK
    Z Club Member
    Staff Member Moderator

Super! Thank you Jon! They actually look good IMHO.

6. richiep

richiep
    Z Club Member

I wasn’t convinced, but agree with Ali, they do actually suit quite nicely as a period-looking alternative. I’m always a bit suspicious of positive offsets, given the cars were designed around zero offset wheels or negatives for deep dish, racing etc. More modern, larger wheels with positive offsets can look awful and totally out of place.

AliK and jonbills like this.
  7. datsfun

datsfun
    Z Club Member

The wheels would work much better on something like a Datsun 120Y or later model bluebird.

They would sit too much inboard on a s30 for my liking - reminding me of wheel fitment on a E type :rolleyes:

SeanDezart and AliK like this.