Do we know yet.....how much in auction ?

IbanezDan51

Well-Known Forum User
I find it interesting that a total original car isn't valued more in the Z world like it is with other classics.
If this had its original gearbox and stock engine would they ask less for it?

I was in two minds with what to do with my previous 2 owner Z, and I think now due to the condition under the engine bay and inside is pretty excellent and original (despite the faded seats and cracked dash) I'm going to keep it completely stock and have it blown over in the original colour and just restore the suspension/engine as it was from the factory in hope that original cars will eventually become more valueable due to most of these having had engine/box swaps over the years.

I do love this car though and personally hope it fetches the top of that bracket.

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
I find it interesting that a total original car isn't valued more in the Z world like it is with other classics.

I was in two minds with what to do with my previous 2 owner Z, and I think now due to the condition under the engine bay and inside is pretty excellent and original (despite the faded seats and cracked dash) I'm going to keep it completely stock and have it blown over in the original colour and just restore the suspension/engine as it was from the factory in hope that original cars will eventually become more valueable due to most of these having had engine/box swaps over the years.

Nope - most top money people want a 'modified' Z - only train-spotters want 100% stock and they have less money to spend.

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
It sold because it was a good quality car and there aren't that many around - after that, I don't know the price - maybe it was a bargain too !

The UK does NOT have the monopoly on RHD Datsuns - you of all people know that.

datsfun

Club Member
The UK does NOT have the monopoly on RHD Datsuns - you of all people know that.

I never said that :confused:...
The fact is that RHD's "imported" from other markets are generally more expensive when you compare like for like
Hence when a good (UK supplied) RHD example turns up, it sells...FAST!

Let's just accept that value of LHD's will always be inferior when compared to their RHD counterparts. And that goes across all manufacturers who supplied the same model in LHD and RHD.

datsfun

Club Member
You're very black and white in a VERY grey area.;)

Why don't you show me examples which will allow me to mix my black and white and get to your GREY eh?

And please compare a mango with a mango and not a pear and don't sneek in competition cars as the side of the steering wheel doesn't matter as much IMHO:driving:

status

Well-Known Forum User
When,and Europe needs us more than we need them and Datsfun is spot on,over here RHD rules,Riddlers car sold because it is a good example and RHD ,most of those left hookers are still for sale and I think most of the people buying them have never had a Zed before so buy wot they think is a good buy.But on the other side of the coin my mate Darren said that if he was to sell his LHD 240 it would appeal to the foreign market which is bigger so I agree with him on that but who buys a Zed to sell it and I don't really care about the foreign market cos we are over here and you are over there so it's irrelevant.i might even start to import a few Zeds myself and make a few quid

status

Well-Known Forum User
My Zed will be for sale soon,uk RHD ,unmolested 3.1 motor all the tricks to go with it,considering wot some of these Zeds go for I might put it up for about £45,000,wot do yer reckon baldy,

status

Well-Known Forum User
That's a matter of opinion dear boy,makes no odds to me,the point Datsfun is making ,robs car went straight away cos it was a good example and in the right market,simple as rocket science,and the 280z is the best car to drive of all the Zeds,been there and done it but when you start putting TBs and fuel inj on a 240 and 260 you are more or less there anyway,rob will regret selling his Zed and so will I when I do