Distributor mount holes don't line up

RawlinSTR

Club Member
Hi all,

I bought this engine without a dizzy or dizzy mount fitted, so bought a mount from elsewhere. Went to fit my dizzy today but came across a problem.

One of the holes in the mounting block doesn't line up with the hole in the front cover.

If you see the below photo:

33848675348_2c77418cea_c.jpg

You can see the score marks where the bolt wants to screw in, and that the hole in the front cover is off centre.

Anyone ever had this issue before? I'm not really sure on the best way to rectify it (I've had it on and off a few times trying to get it to line up, but no luck), other than trying to find a different mount and trying that?

Any advice would be appreciated.

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
Thats pretty odd. You're welcome to compare and try my dizzy mount to figure out if it's the mount or the timing cover.

RawlinSTR

Club Member
For anyone interested, Jon’s mount was the same as mine. Not too sure what happened there but the thread in the front cover was a bit ropey before I started so the previous owner of the engine must have found a similar issue.

I used the mount as a guide to drill the hole out in the front cover to clearance diameter for the bolt, and put a nut on the end.