design help needed

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
need help to bring forward some sort of ideas to promote the club and to progress the ONE CLUB ALL THE Z theme
as it seems to be stagnating
must be someone out there who does design
for all you users who arn't club members please help toput something back in the club if you are in design or a pc guru

144draft_front_page-med.JPG

Mr.F

Inactive
I thought we were established in 1976? That was the year of the first meet I attended.......

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
first offical meeting as the Z Club was according to the excert from the old Z Club introductory booklet was in 1977

"First of all, they had several meetings in 1976 to discuss how to get the show on the road. It was finally decided to pass out the word to other Z owners that a Club was going to be formed. If they wished to be part of the Club all were to turn up at Eddies house. For this first meeting twelve cars arrived. The meeting was held on a dry, cold, crisp day in February 1977, in Eddies cul de sac. The cars received a very enthusiastic reception both from Z owners and from Eddies neighbours, who could not resist the temptation to come out and look at them."

maybe like the Goertz issue we have been told a few untruths :D

toopy

Club Member
Hi Steve

I work for a reprographics/printing company, although not in design, it's not really my forte! :confused:
i work on the final output side of things. But i could possibly help out with any image manipulation ie: making one image up
from several others, rendering text into images or logos etc, or even put everything together on screen if i've got someone
else's design/thoughts to work from! :)

Anyway the offers there if it helps :):) :)

Anthony.

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
thanks for offer toppy
just on my way out for a meal
will get back to you asap
are you going to SEZ meet tomorrow if so will see you there

Russ

Club Member
I would just like to make my views clear on a website splash page (you know, a page that appears and you click it to enter)...

OVER MY DEAD BODY.

Now something at the top of the news would have the same affect and I think that would be good.

We need to organise the club benefits (like all the discount offers I have forwarded) as well to help with the promotion :)

Tony 260Z

Club Member
I like the idea of a poster or pamphlet or something, but I'd say "One Club, One Family, all the CARS" instead. The logo says it's the Z club, and you could alienate some ZX owners too I would imagine. Plus, this was the original phrase I think.

As for the splash page, I'd have to go against that one. I've never seen a splash page yet that didn't annoy me. They always come across as just something slowing me down from getting where I want to go!

Sorry Steve, you can box my ears at SEZ tomorrow....

Russ

Club Member
Oh which reminds me, theres a brown 240/260 (sorry drive to fast to tell the difference when I see it) in Taunton near me, I need a flyer for it :)

I think this image you have Steve is a good start (I want the logo for this site please!!!) and if we make something I'll convert it to PDF for members to print themselves as they see fit. Eventually we can maybe offer printed versions to members at cost?

Markp.com

Well-Known Forum User
Not a front page thing... more of an advert really... I've submitted some A5 flyer ideas to the gallery under the ZArt section... so have a look and tell me what you think.

If you want to print them they are ready in 300dpi CMYK, but I'll need higher quality car images, as they ones I used were just pilliaged from the gallery here :)

suzy

Well-Known Forum User
I think they are great.

Can text be put on them? I.E. the one club all cars thing, when the wording has been sorted! or would you have to reverse the image (black to white, white to black sort of thing)

Could we print them up into big poster size for outdoor events?

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
Originally posted by Markp.com
Not a front page thing... more of an advert really... I've submitted some A5 flyer ideas to the gallery under the ZArt section... so have a look and tell me what you think.

If you want to print them they are ready in 300dpi CMYK, but I'll need higher quality car images, as they ones I used were just pilliaged from the gallery here :)

Hi Markp
I know I'm getting old and the eyes ain't what they were, but can't see any Zs on any of the three pics that you put up in the Z art section of the gallery :confused:

Markp.com

Well-Known Forum User
Crikey... time to visit spec savers Steve ("You've got to go there?") :D

There is a car in each and every pic right at the bottom.

Maybe you need a new monitor... I have a lovely 20" TFT so it shows colours better than those shocking eye mealting CRT screens.

It could also be the compression of the VB upload script is set too low... because it does look shockingly bad, compaired to the image I uploaded.

And yes Suzy... text can be put on them, once you work out what that text is :) Thats why I left them blank. They can also be white, but you wouldn't get the sexy shadow look it has now :)

Just have to let me know what dimensions the final print is, what colours you're using (well it'll have to be full colour, so forget that), any special finishes, bleeds... the printer will advise you on all of that :)

Mark

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
Originally posted by Markp.com
Crikey... time to visit spec savers Steve ("You've got to go there?") :D

There is a car in each and every pic right at the bottom.

Maybe you need a new monitor... I have a lovely 20" TFT so it shows colours better than those shocking eye mealting CRT screens.

It could also be the compression of the VB upload script is set too low... because it does look shockingly bad, compaired to the image I uploaded.

Mark

went round to my mates house and hired his telecope off him and still can't see any cars any were on the screen
Now thinking off asking Jodrell Bank to look in and see if they can see anything :D

can anyone else see any cars as don't want to apply for my white stick just yet

will have to ask Russ to see if he can adjust the compression

Russ

Club Member
I'm not adjusting the compression :p

Once you click on the thumbnail it takes you to a medium pic, then click this pic and it's bigger again.

We file size limits to stop all our bandwidth disappearing through the gallery.

If you use it as is for now and keep drafting away (good work Mark!) until your happy Mark can send me enormous prints and I'll put them into the document section for download and printing.

Mark whats the compression like on PDFs? I've never used them for graphics as such. You might also need to do a low contrast version suitable for professional printing and a higher contrast version for us home inkjetters.

I like them a lot though, glad to have you on board! I can just see a 6ft hanging banner just like your pics, one for each generation of vehicle suspended from a club stand ceiling, moving lights, dancing girls, oh hold on getting carried away. Well done though, impressed.

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
printed the image of and can see a ghostly outline on the print but still can't see it on the screen
looks good from what I can see
can I adjust screen settings to see clearer

Markp.com

Well-Known Forum User
Steve, yes, you can adjust the screen settings to see it better. Its just like your TV, brightness and contrast.

You may want to up your colour output as well, if your graphics card can handle it... don't know your machine specs, right click on your desktop > properties

Select the Settings tab then colour quality, set it to the highest your computer will allow, then click apply and ok.

Thats providing you're on a PC etc...

Russ, PDFs have several levels of compression. Never use web compression, its shockingly bad... in theory, the Adobe system should give almost perfect screen to print quality and colour matching... but in practice, its hit and miss. I'd be better off sending you and uncompressed TIFF, but for a banner at 300DPI, its probably best I put it on a CD and mail it to you as it'll be anything from 100MB upwards :)

I should have a few free minutes tomorrow to tinker a little with the design, perhaps make the cars a bit more visable, for you old timers ;) But things are starting to get busy again, so no promises :) Keep up the good work, oh and I see a member has a lovely 240z on ebay for £4,000 I'm very very tempted! :)

Russ

Club Member
That Z is too nice to turn into a Ferrari lookey likey though :D IMHO though, tell me to stfu if you like :)

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
adjusted the contrast and darkness on the screen and I can throw away the application form for the white stick as I can now see the cars on the poster
only trouble is how blue should the website home page be
is it a light blue or the dark blue that I am used to

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
with 5 generations of zs
would the poster / banner / advert work if it was landscape with the z club logo at the center at the top with the white bits around it and 5 outlines face on of each generation across the bottom with the " one club all the cars" across the center

that way we would have one advert / poster instead of 5 to cover the whole range

thanks all for imput
it seems to be moving at last