Derek Sulley / Arkwright

Zulley

Active Forum User
I dont really know what to say.

It is with great sadness that i have to inform you all that Derek Sulley, Arkwright, my Dad passed away this morning after having a short battle with cancer.
Myself and his dog Rufus were by his side.

I will be in touch with regards to the funeral arrangements, all who knew him will be welcome.

Im sorry i didnt say anything before. We only found out 2 weeks ago about the cancer and didnt expect him to deteriorate so fast.

I havent been on this forum in years and dont know which members are still on and not. Steve Burns, Mantav8, Raj etc.

If someone could contact others that were friends with my Dad it would be much appreciated.

Zulley,
Nathan Sulley

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Hi Nathan, I'm so sad to hear that poor Derek has passed away.

As you may know I spoke to him a week last Saturday about his illness. I never expected things to change so quickly.

I know you were very 'close' to your Dad and that you will miss him very much - as we all will.

Derek was a real gentleman.

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
Really sorry to hear that Nathan.
I only met him (and the dog!) once for an hour or so a few months ago. I was collecting the stuff we put in the packs for new members. I really enjoyed talking to him and I know he's done a huge amount for this club over the years. He was a gent.

Jon

Albrecht

Well-Known Forum User
Sorry for your loss Nathan. I only met Derek once, and it was years ago now, but he made a big impression on me.

Sincere condolences to you and your family,

Alan T.

Mr Ex Jnr

Club Member
Aww so sad to hear this he was a sound bloke rip Derick
me and raj djz60 was there just 2 weeks ago with Derick had a good chat :(

He got a stunning 280zx aswell that I had seen
I am thinking of you and your family Nathan

Last edited:

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Hello and thanks for letting us know.

I tried via Steve B to contact your Dad having heard via DJ of his plight. I never met him being on the club committee at different periods, my thoughts are with you and your family and also those of the Z club who know and saw him regularly.

Kind regards,

Sean

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
I have some lovely memories of Derek. Jayne and I have just raised a glass in memory of him. Jayne said he used to address her as Mrs Gaskin. He was so respectful and that probably came from his police background.

AliK

Vehicle Dating Officer
Staff member
Club Member
Sincere condolences Nathan. Sad news indeed but at least he didn't suffer too long with cancer and passed away with dignity and with you by his side.

I met your father just the once and he was a true gentleman, not withstanding a giant of the Z club.

With the warmest wishes and thoughts for the family.

Ali

Huw

Club Member
I am shocked and deeply saddened to hear your news Nathan. Sincere condolences to you. I met Derek just the once but spoke to him on the phone many times. A really nice gent. He will be missed.

Huw

uk66fastback

Club Member
I never had the honour of meeting this chap, who sounds like a fine man. I dealt with him once - when he sent me a Datsun banner. Sorry to hear of his passing and my condolences.

Mr Tenno

Digital Officer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Very sad news, I only met Derek a couple of times but he seemed a decent chap who's clearly done a lot for the club over the years - my condolences.

Mr.F

Inactive
My condolences - a great guy who contributed immensely to the operation of the Club over the years. He will be missed.

richiep

Club Member
Terrible news and I’m so sorry to hear this. I chatted with Derek many times over the years at various meets and will definitely miss him, as will the club as a whole.

IbanezDan51

Well-Known Forum User
I’m so sorry to hear about this. My sincere condolences to you and your family. He will be dearly missed by all on here.

candy red

Club Member
Really sorry to hear this news Nathan ,met you Dad a few times he was such a gent and ready to talk about Datsun Anytime. He will be greatly missed He always joked with me that i spelt my name the wrong way.My condolences go out to you and your family .RIP Derek.

Derrick :(

moggy240

Insurance Valuations Officer
Staff member
Club Member
I can't believe Derek has gone, its really sad news, he was a great guy!!!!

Paul_S

Club Member
I'm so sorry to hear this news Nathan.

If I remember correctly I met your Dad (albeit very briefly) at the 40th Anniversary event. For sure, he is a very familiar name on the forum and we have conversed online over the years. He was a top bloke.

My sincere sympathies to you and your family.