Deleting attachments

johnymd

Club Member
It would appear I have gone over my limit for attachments so need to delete all of them and cant work out how. It's a shame as lots of threads will now lose their associated pictures and often become meaningless. I dont want to link to cloud storage sites as the same thing will happen when I run out of storage there.

Can someone assist me in how to go about this cleanup.

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Is it because you are no longer a paid-up member ?

Perhaps there is a restriction as per PMs and the right to edit your posts ?

Seems a shame for the forum that threads will lose the images that make the threads understandable....perhaps something to evolve with the improvements planned for the site ?

johnymd

Club Member
Maybe it's because I'm no longer a member?

I've never liked the ability to edit posts as it makes the whole thread meaningless. Just like quoteing someone and leaveing parts out so it becomes out of context. Or a TV interview where sections are removed and parts stitched together to create a sentence that was never actually spoken.

Yep, a real shame if the images in my threads are no longer there. Just like when people link to images on their free space but then deleate them when they run out of space.

uk66fastback

Club Member
Where are your pics linked to - Photobucket or somewhere? I had this on Pistonheads (I use PB) - where if you've posted a lot of pics in threads, when these get viewed a lot within a certain time (a month IIRC) ... then when your 'allowance' has gone, they cease to link ... but come back after the month ...

Mine only did once - you're much more popular!

Or have I got the wrong end of the stick here?

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
John we hit the Attachment limit a couple of times a few years and can not remember what caused it to happen then or how we over came it
It has nothing to do with being a subscribed member

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
It would appear I have gone over my limit for attachments so need to delete all of them and cant work out how. It's a shame as lots of threads will now lose their associated pictures and often become meaningless. I dont want to link to cloud storage sites as the same thing will happen when I run out of storage there.

Can someone assist me in how to go about this cleanup.

John just altered something and did a test on your account and was able to upload an attachment and it worked OK
Can you try a test upload please to see if it works for you

johnymd

Club Member
Thanks Steve, that's sorted it. Now when I go into my profile and click attachment I no longer see a big red line with: you have exceaded your limit for attachment. I'm guessing the limit is 200Mb as I had just crept over it.

Nothing to do with photobucket and the like as I dont use them.

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
So where are the pics stored - does each forum member get a limit?
As John said there was a limit set but have now removed that as there is hardly anyone who reaches that limit
The annoying thing with Vbullentin3.8 is that you had to use the attachment button on a thread and then it would omly show as a small atachment that had to be clicked to make it big enough to view unles when it was enlarged its image location was added to the post and then it would always be the larger size
one of the improvements with VB4 was that this was done automatically