Death of dinosaur juice cars?

johnymd

Club Member
I think we probably all agree that hybrids are the way forward for vehicle transport but from what I understand, the date of 2040 marks the end of hybrids where only single fuel cars with electric power can be produced. Am I correct in this understanding?

A friend of mine works for Ford R&D and they are developing hybrid as the future technology and consider solely electric power as not viable or practical given the predicted advances in this technology.

toopy

Club Member
So if the internal combustion engine is eventually banned....even in veteran/classic vehicles

who's up for a full on battery install to keep their Zee on the road? and would it even be allowed! :devil:

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
What a load of old cobblers - environmental bio m*asturbation !

Battery power ? Not until someone takes batteries out of the 19th century and makes them biodegradable too !

No, at the first sniff of a serious effort to avoid burning petrol, OPEC will so reduce it prices as to make all competition uneconomical and greenbacks beat the greens.

Besides, some bright spark'll come up with a method of using fossil fuel to run huge generators that send out friendly cooling gases to reverse the trend....and then that'll get out of hand bringing on a new ice age and we'll all be happy huddling around oil hurricane lamps for warmth.

My L-gata stays !

Jake RAH

Well-Known Forum User
So if the internal combustion engine is eventually banned....even in veteran/classic vehicles

who's up for a full on battery install to keep their Zee on the road? and would it even be allowed! :devil:

If electric motors & batteries become the only way then I would :driving: