Dead wood !

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
I just had a look for someones address in the members list and realised that the vaste majority of members have sent perhaps one reply or, in the case of many - none at all ! Some members with '0' mails have been registered on this site for nearly 2 years !

Surely they should be 'wiped off' - they won't miss it and it would keep this forum for those who actively use it - NO HANGERS ON !

Ok, be fair, send everyone a message saying that those with 1 or less mails will be removed at such a date - if you still want to registered, reply now to .... !

Waddya think ?

Tony 260Z

Club Member
This could zap some new members (Haha - there's a swarm of them don't'cha know), so I'd suggest a time element as well like no posts for six months or something if you decide to do it.

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
Originally posted by SeanDezart
I just had a look for someones address in the members list and realised that the vaste majority of members have sent perhaps one reply or, in the case of many - none at all ! Some members with '0' mails have been registered on this site for nearly 2 years !

Surely they should be 'wiped off' - they won't miss it and it would keep this forum for those who actively use it - NO HANGERS ON !

Ok, be fair, send everyone a message saying that those with 1 or less mails will be removed at such a date - if you still want to registered, reply now to .... !

Waddya think ?

agree with part of your thoughts but surely it should be people who havn't looked in at the site again after registering say 12 months ago who are deleted
although I hate to act with my sensable head on as long as they look in they are using the site in some ways and who knows they may even post at some time

but feel that people who never return after registering should be deleted

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
That attitude is what we call at work 'command and control'. If the website space is not at risk don't worry, let's get on with discussing more important things.

Last edited by a moderator:

Legendary5

Well-Known Forum User
Re: Re: Dead wood !

Originally posted by STEVE BURNS

but feel that people who never return after registering should be deleted

Do these feelings also count for people who paid their fee, receive their magazines, never show up and are happy with that? One is active and the other not!

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
Re: Re: Re: Dead wood !

Originally posted by Legendary5
Do these feelings also count for people who paid their fee, receive their magazines, never show up and are happy with that? One is active and the other not!

two different cases

members who paid their fee, receive their magazines, but don't go to anything are readng the magazine I hope and using the Club in other ways

But the people who registered for free on here say two years ago and have never looked in again since must feel that the the club and/or this website is of no help or interest to them

Russ

Club Member
I second the command and control.

Thing is are the dead wood hurting at all? Also if we do a mass mail then maybe we'll get a few back and interested?

I like tidiness as much as the next man but I'm not convinced there is any point... they are just entries in one of the databases, no more.

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
It's not intended as an idea to control or even to tidy up a data-base. This is probably the only way to stimulate those internet members who have registered, haven't particiapted but will in the future. Call it a poke with a sharp stick if you like but I have seen a lot of people register for one piece of advice or to sell something and since.....!

Good idea a mail-shot - let's use our database ! Doubtfull if we'll get any new paying members but some more contributory internet members would be nice and who knows, perhaps some would pass on the details of new Z/ZX owners who have lost cars (those that were once in the club).

Russ

Club Member
Well I can give the list to anyone who needs it, its a bit crude but useable.

I see your point about a poke with the stick, I'll put it on my list of things to do if no one disagrees...