DCOE cold start elimination

morbias

Well-Known Forum User
So this is the next thing on my to-do list, trying to figure out the way to go with it.

From what I've read some people blank off the back and install stiffer springs on the plungers, seems the easiest way to do it but I'm worried any backfire through the carbs will dislodge the retainers holding them in.

I've seen another method which involves tapping the hole in the carb throats and installing grub screws to block them off but it seems to me there is the potential for things to go very badly wrong if one of those works its way out.

Then the third method is the cold start elimination kits sold by Weber, but looking at the pictures they contain a lot of superfluous parts that have nothing to do with the cold start whatsoever, seems a way of selling you stuff you don't even need. The most significant parts appear to be the rods that replace the starter jets. Has anyone used these kits? All the photos seem to be quite low resolution so it's difficult to make out exactly what the other bits are and how they function, I'd be interested to know if there any parts in there that replace / modify the plunger assemblies.

Any input would be appreciated!